• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Recommended Gym Workouts?

Will Searle

Academy Player
So I'm 18 I've been playing rugby since I was 4 and I would say that I'm in decent shape however recently I've started playing for my county and to be honest it hit me hard (literally) where everyone at that level is so strong. Basically I want to start hitting the gym hard and was wondering if there are any workouts or specific moves that I should focus on. I just want to gain an advantage over others.

So I'm 18 I've been playing rugby since I was 4 and I would say that I'm in decent shape however recently I've started playing for my county and to be honest it hit me hard (literally) where everyone at that level is so strong. Basically I want to start hitting the gym hard and was wondering if there are any workouts or specific moves that I should focus on. I just want to gain an advantage over others.

What do you have access to in terms of equipment and the like?

If your goal is just plain strength development there's a huge number of programs out there that will help you. Basically anything that includes bench, squat, deadlift, OHP, pull-ups and some barbell row will make you stronger. If you go to reddit.com/r/fitness they have a wiki that has a load of programs for beginners and more intermediate ones focused around strength. It's not sports specific but it will make a difference.

Latest posts