• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Recovery training

smar

Academy Player
So I've torn my cartilage as well as chipped some of the bone in my left knee playing rugby:(. I'm going in for reconstructive surgery tomorrow so all should be good. I wont be able to play rugby the rest of my school season which im bummed about BUT I'm looking forward to playing next year at university/college level:).

Now during my recovery period I wont be able to go to gym or do any fitness such as running, jogging etc etc. What I would like to know is what exerceises can I do at home that will help build on my fitness as well as muscle gain (upper body). They cannot obviously involve any lower body strain as this will be rather painful and pretty much impossible.

Thanks for your time guys!:)
Rich.

Gutted to hear about your injury man, I know how it feels to be out for a while and it sucks - good to see you want to come back stronger though, that's the right mentality! In terms of gaining upper body strength, I'm guessing that body weight exercises like press ups, pull ups or tricep dips will be out of the question cause they'll still be putting strain on your legs in some way or another.
All I can think of is investing in a set of dumbells and working with them: http://www.dumbbell-exercises.com/ is a pretty good website. They've got exercises sorted by body part with animated explanations so you can easily see what you'll be able to do that won't hurt your legs.

Latest posts