• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Recruiting problems

Versus

Academy Player
So I'm playing this on the ol' PS2. I'm in my ninth season of World League with the Blues, got about 8000k stashed away but I can't recruit star players. I have one, Joe Rokocoko who came with the Blues who I use on the wing. But whenever the transfer window is open, the names are always unavaliable. I win every game and I haven't lost a single game in the whole career, I have enough money, I've only got one star player so I should be able to get four more, and I can't? Ideas?

The reason is I have Cory Jane at fullback, and at the Elite League the only good players you can recruit are the star players, I want a new fullback like Chris Latham.

I don't fully understand it myself, but I think those star players become available after you've invested in a few big money players who are available; the likes of C Hodgson, S Jones, R Januarie, though that's off the top of my head. Unfortunately, I'm not too sure how many of those are available when you join the Elite League.

I reckon you should try and buy up whoever's expensive and available in the transfer list, and you might have some progress there. Otherwise, start over again in the World League and keep in mind you'll be needing one big money name like Hodgson or Jones.

i dont know, maybe the star players dont have an agent? or didnt go to a rugby academy?

There is some parameters that you can change on the pc to show which players are unavialable to buy in world league. You can confure this to your hearts content :) but unfortunatly not on the ps2

Latest posts