• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Red Dead Redemption

40 odd hour single player campaign plus online plus side missions = this game should be game of the year for sure.

I am all for forming a possy man it is going to be awesome.

Been watching some streams...this game is so awesome!.:)

Out this Friday in the UK - it's a day 1 purchase for me. Been replaying GTA IV to get my skills back up to scratch, and it did remind me that despite its awesomeness, it did get a bit dull after a while (lack of side missions etc).

Interesting to see what you can do alongside the story missions this time. For anyone who played GTA: Chinatown wars on DS / PSP / iPhone, the drug-dealing was almost a game within itself, and it looks like Red Dead has a trading system with animal skins etc, so I'm keen to see how that works out.

Can't wait though, got this weekend blocked out...

Got this pre-ordered, really looking forward to it.
While i wasn't a fan of GTA IV, i thought the game itself was brilliant, just the story line was poor/boring, so hopefully this'll be a good un

I have this pre-ordered but due to postage will be getting it about 6 days after release, so am looking forward to hearing your guys thoughts.

This is a day one purchase for me too. Really looking forward to it.

i'm gonna shoot your horse, this is going to be nuts
cant wait to shoot animals and beings and go hunting

I didn't know, until yesterday, about the lasooing
I just thought that the outlaw side missions would be like in GTA where you just kill the person, didn't realise you'd have the option of hogtieing them and dragging them back to town,
Online also sounds immense
I'm so excited :p

Or, hogtieing them and leaving them on the railway tracks! Someone did that to a nun (in the game of course) and posted it on youtube. Twisted. They
even got an achievement. It got taken down though.

Apparently mine got shipped this morning :D
Should be playing tomorrow/day after

EDIT: Just arrived, Goodbye sunlight!

Last edited:
It's 20 past 8 and I'm fooking sober! Rang Tesco earlier and they will sell it at 12am. Will be drunk by 12.30am and happily playing :)

Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow... highlights so far?
All of it, there's not one thing i haven't liked so far.
It's like being part of a movie, it looks so realistic, but at the same time is like living in the times,
One nice touch is being able to add to your "fame" by helping out people in distress, Like not the help a citizen side missions, but i was riding to the next town and i saw someone being attacked by coyotes so i helped them out, and got extra fame and a few dollars, and once i came across a guy defending his farm from bandits
Also i got ambushed by bandits, i thought it was a normal stage coach then armed men were everywhere suddenly
and just the bandits in general, how you'll go into a town and they'll be raiding it
and being able to choose whether to go a mission "good" or "bad" which then effects your reputation

Gah, i just love it all :p

All of it, there's not one thing i haven't liked so far.
It's like being part of a movie, it looks so realistic, but at the same time is like living in the times,
One nice touch is being able to add to your "fame" by helping out people in distress, Like not the help a citizen side missions, but i was riding to the next town and i saw someone being attacked by coyotes so i helped them out, and got extra fame and a few dollars, and once i came across a guy defending his farm from bandits
Also i got ambushed by bandits, i thought it was a normal stage coach then armed men were everywhere suddenly
and just the bandits in general, how you'll go into a town and they'll be raiding it
and being able to choose whether to go a mission "good" or "bad" which then effects your reputation

Gah, i just love it all :p

Sounds awesome, good to hear it lives up to the hype!

Agree with Olyy it's great. Obviously ain't done much yet but I thought the map would be bigger seen as Rockstar said it was the biggest map they made so far. Lots of dead spaces on GTA : San Andreas but no way Red Dead is as big a map playing area as that. It's damn good tho...

Damn, this game is awesome, hours are going by like minutes and I've hardly scratched the surface.

Can't believe how immersive it is, just so much happenning, it looks great and sounds even better, I'm loving the sounds of the guns which have a punch to them and the soundtrack is amongst the best I've ever heard, total eargasm.

Easily the best Rockstar game ever.

Latest posts