• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Regarding Rugby League 2 for other platforms

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Feb 26 2005, 05:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Feb 26 2005, 05:40 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Feb 26 2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Feb 26 2005, 11:46 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
@Feb 26 2005, 11:17 AM

aye u xbox lovers?...u heard bout the power cord for the xbox catching on fire then blowing up your xbox?

had it three years...been played 4-6hrs a day...everyday...nope no problem
<

i agree with the control pad...but theres a smaller version similar to the ps2 which seems to do justice about that....

halo2 owns all your games....and san andreas is coming out with more special features and better graphics

so....

PfffffffffhhhhPhfffffffffffffhhh...Phfffff...Phff
<
<
<

HALO 2? Are you serious? Apart from online the game is one of the most dated looking FPS's on the market! Ever heard of Half Life 2 or Doom 3? Far Cry is another one that makes Halo 2 look like an N64 ***le...
XBOX does have alot of good games mate, but Halo 2 just aint one of em
<
farcrys comin to xbox
<
....sharing is caring
<

[/b]
FarCry is a wicked game! It's graphics aren't quite at the same level as doom 3 or Half Life 2, but they're still pretty **** hot! The enviroments are incredibly richly detailed and colourful! The AI through the campeign is brilliant also, they really act like mercinaries!

I don't know how it will look on XBOX, as the game has MASSIVE levels and requires alot of ram to load them... considering how little ram the xbox has, I'd say that they may do what they've done with the XBOX version of DOOM 3, in which they just divide the current amount of levels, which equel about 20, and divide each level into 3 or 4... so instead of loading a new level 20 times through the campeign on PC, they may make it 40-60 times for the XBOX.

Look, Both the PS2 and Xbox are great, I have both and not a fanboy for either. PS2 has the better control pad for sports games in general, Xbox has better controller for racing games with the triggers for accellerator and brake. Xbox is far more powerful, but the PS2 looks cooler. They both have pros and cons. Same with the Gamecube which is highly underated. FPS's suck donkeys balls on consoles as they controls are ugly to use, and FPS's are one of the genres where good graphics are a HUGE selling point. Far Cry may be coming to Xbox but it would be nowhere near as good as the PC version. GTASA is coming to the Xbox, the only improvement would be better controls and better graphics. Hopefully the screen won't go all hazy when it rains in this version. So there you have it, that's my opinion now stop *****ing.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 27 2005, 02:46 PM
GTASA is coming to the Xbox, the only improvement would be better controls and better graphics.
better controls.....pffff

yea rite!

gta grew on ps1 with the control pad!

id like to see xbox control pad with gta san andreas
<
<

you'd need 3 hands to play it

Anyway boys, back to the topic at hand, there will be an XBOX version 100% and this time the difference in quality will be much less with the PS2, as the PS2 version has been given alot more time in developement for this ***le as far as I know.

Originally posted by kinkon89+Feb 27 2005, 05:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Feb 27 2005, 05:50 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Feb 27 2005, 02:46 PM
GTASA is coming to the Xbox, the only improvement would be better controls and better graphics.
better controls.....pffff

yea rite!

gta grew on ps1 with the control pad!

id like to see xbox control pad with gta san andreas
<
<

you'd need 3 hands to play it [/b]
That was a pretty silly statement. GTA grew on the PS1 but guess what genius... It was a top down 2der you can't compare gta 1-2 to the 3d ones today in terms of control. IMO Vice City and GTAIII were much better games on Xbox. I prefered the controls. And now that you use the right thumbstick to move the camera around I can only see it getting better. Especially as you still have the triggers to drive giving you even more control in the vehicle.

Also, all of this is my opinion so neither of us are right or wrong. Just mentioning that so we don't get too carried away.

Of course, we won't get carried away as we are talking about RL2.
<

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 27 2005, 06:26 PM
IMO Vice City and GTAIII were much better games on Xbox. I prefered the controls. And now that you use the right thumbstick to move the camera around I can only see it getting better.
ummmmm you also can move the camera with the right analogue on the ps2
<

Originally posted by kinkon89+Feb 27 2005, 07:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Feb 27 2005, 07:41 PM)</div>
@Feb 27 2005, 06:26 PM
IMO Vice City and GTAIII were much better games on Xbox. I prefered the controls. And now that you use the right thumbstick to move the camera around I can only see it getting better.
<
[/b]
I know, but my point is that because of this feature it will be better with the Xbox controller as it is perfectly set out for this way. Oh, and you do know that I am talking about the controller S right?

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Feb 27 2005, 07:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Feb 27 2005, 07:53 PM)</div>
Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 27 2005, 07:41 PM
@Feb 27 2005, 06:26 PM

<
I know, but my point is that because of this feature it will be better with the Xbox controller as it is perfectly set out for this way. Oh, and you do know that I am talking about the controller S right? [/b]
well actually the ps2 controller fits ya hand around it!

which makes it comfortable and easy to use

how cud the xbox make it easier......or in this case a "feature" if the controller is way too big?

<

You must have rather tiny hands as I think that the Xbox Controller S is more fitting to the hand. But thats just a personal preference. As I was saying, I'm talking about this controller:
3a25d242-31d0-11d6-a0fb-00805fbbb715.gif

Not this one, which is one big design flaw in itself:
XBOX_controller.jpg

Well, I'd pay good money for a controller where black and white are some where near to L2 and R2 on the PS2.
Always find them awkward in a fast game.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 27 2005, 08:39 PM
You must have rather tiny hands as I think that the Xbox Controller S is more fitting to the hand. But thats just a personal preference. As I was saying, I'm talking about this controller:

XBOX_controller.jpg
o sorry dude!

<

i didnt know u were talking bout the small controller......but still u have to pay for another control pad juss to replace the big one which comes with the xbox console u just bought?

Originally posted by kinkon89+Feb 27 2005, 11:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Feb 27 2005, 11:32 PM)</div>
@Feb 27 2005, 08:39 PM

XBOX_controller.jpg
o sorry dude!

<

i didnt know u were talking bout the small controller......but still u have to pay for another control pad juss to replace the big one which comes with the xbox console u just bought? [/b]
It depends when you bought it, I got mine a year ago and it came with the S controller... I don't even think they make the old one anymore (direct dreamcaste rip off that it was!)...

I got mine way back in mid-2003. They got rid of the huge dumbass one and replaced the standard controller with the Controller S. hmmmm. What does the S stand for? Special? Standard?

the s stands for "Sorry we stuffed up with the first we really had no idea what we were doing" I would say x-box version is defintely coming as x-box is quite big in nz

Latest posts