• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Region Free Xbox 360 Games?

DjFIL

Academy Player
Country Flag
Canada
Hello,

I know that some Xbox 360 games are indeed region free. Supposedly this decision on Xbox 360 is left to the publishers. I found out the hard way that Codemaster's Brian Lara International Cricket 2007 for Xbox 360 was not region free, even though the demo I downloaded through the UK Xbox Live Marketplace worked just fine. I'm wondering if anyone here in North America has had success with any of the following ***les on their NTSC Xbox 360?

-AFL Live (2011)
-Rugby League Live (2010)
-International Cricket 2010 (Codemasters)
Or any other international sports games for Xbox 360 that maybe of interest.

Thanks.

Actually, I'm interested in an answer to this question as well!

Yeah, nothing listed for any of these games, or type of games. I was hoping that they just hadn't been updated recently.

Yeah, nothing listed for any of these games, or type of games. I was hoping that they just hadn't been updated recently.

Sorry bud I didn't realize it was those three particular games, maybe try operationsports.com on your side of the pond. I think your best bet is to email the publishers, those three ***les are had to track down for game info never mind region locks. I highly recommend Cricket 2010 it's a ton better than Lara 2007 it's optional but the first person view in 2010 is really the way to go, the AI is improved too.

RWC 2011 will be released as NTSC in Canada/USA anyway (Xbox 360 in stores like GameStop, and PS3 via download on the PSN), so it doesn't matter if its region free since it's being released in all formats (maybe excluding NTSC-J, Japan?). Rugby Challenge by Sidhe is still waiting for North American distribution confirmation.

And I don't know why Sony didn't add region locks on software. Microsoft gives the publishers the choice if it's region locked or not... don't see why they would choose to region lock any game unless it was due to licensing restrictions... stops people from paying for legitimate imports.

Latest posts