• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Regrets?

Originally posted by sambad5+May 15 2005, 05:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sambad5 @ May 15 2005, 05:13 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 15 2005, 04:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@May 14 2005, 01:20 AM
Rucks and mauls were also crap in JLR/WCR IMO.

The rucks in JLR were never "random." They had a fantastic system despite the animations. You had total control and if you turned the ball over you knew it was not the AI's fault but totally your own incompetence.
exactly, you had complete controll over the rucks. blowing over and everything.

and the mauls were also the best in all rugby games, you could move them across the feild and as far as you wanted (unless slowed by the opposition) - instead of the rest of the games, were you could only move them so far, and then forced to pass it. [/b]
And the animations for the maul when you shifted across were great as the people at the back of the maul reset into another pushing position.

Also you could drive off the back of the maul to set up another maul.

You could pass to a forward who was on their way to joining the maul, like a short ball off the ruck.

Going back to the JLR rucks.

You had total control placing a person to stand off the ruck anywhere on either side to get a short ball. The exact placement of this person was dependent on you.

The pick and go from the ruck did not have you charging uncontrollably into the opposition.

You can set a maul up from the ruck if you had players behind you to support you when you had the ball once you have picked and gone. YOU determined how many people you wanted behind you supporting yopur pick and go.

yeah but in the rucks you could just add player remove player really fast and you would win the ruck every time, my mate did this to me all the time and it sucked. he is a piano player so he could push the buttons really fast and i would never get the ball NEVER. so that is why i didn't like playing him in JLR. in Rugby 2004/5 i have a chance, i can get the ball and infact in both of those games i am still unbeaten. well ok he bet me once at 2004 at Christmas but i was fiji and he was new zealand and it was the first time i had played it in ages, couldn't remember all the buttons. i bet him in the rematch though
<

Originally posted by woosaah@May 16 2005, 10:11 AM
yeah but in the rucks you could just add player remove player really fast and you would win the ruck every time, my mate did this to me all the time and it sucked. he is a piano player so he could push the buttons really fast and i would never get the ball NEVER. so that is why i didn't like playing him in JLR. in Rugby 2004/5 i have a chance, i can get the ball and infact in both of those games i am still unbeaten. well ok he bet me once at 2004 at Christmas but i was fiji and he was new zealand and it was the first time i had played it in ages, couldn't remember all the buttons. i bet him in the rematch though
<
The rucking technique only worked on players who were asleep as we emphasised ruck placement FIRST. We tried to work it so that when we went into the tackle situation it was to the advantage of our own players which meant you just held down the join ruck button to win the ruck (and if strategically placed it would be a fast ruck), no need to apply the rucking technique and futile for the oppostie player if they were trying it.

Try fending a lot with forwards when playing it close. You can get yards and when you do go to ground your support would have caught up (as the fend slows down your speed) to blow over the ruck quickly. Getting over the advantage line and fending will mostly guarnatee a ruck won against a person employing the rucking technique.

Also try and clear quicker when you see the possession icon on your halfback.

And finally, learn how to ruck. It is not always about speed on the button. You must choose carefully who you want to "ruck" and then time the going in and going out (so he doesn't ruck the air) properly for maximal results.

doesnt matter anymore anyway, he lives in australia and i now live in wellington now anyway (i miss home) only play at Christmas when we are both in chch at the same time, never gonna play jlr again anyway as i don't have it and i can't stand the graphics, but thats just me. i would rather play a good game of cricket or something
<
BLC on pc was great lookin forward to the next series
<

i don't mind rugby 2005 that much, i still play it, although in short spurts, i am now playing guild wars on the pc and i am getting into it thats a great game
<

Originally posted by woosaah@May 16 2005, 10:11 AM
<
yeah, i got too use to the cpu defence at the rucks, and slacked off a bit, so when i played a real person, it was a bit of a shock

but the point was that you were the rucker, not just putting dudes in and leaving it to chance. 95% of the work was done by you, unlike the 25% workload done by you only either doing the R3 trick and adding players and then passing

Latest posts