• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Release Date

W

welshy

Had my copy of Official Playstation 2 mag Saturday and they are suggesting a May 2006 release for this game not Feb as it states on the EA website.

I know rugby isn't their favourite game (understatement) but they do seem quite positive about this one in their preview.

Anyway, just wondered if anyone had any more news on the release date?

I wouldn't trust OPS2 as far as I could throw them to be honest. All other sources say February, and locksleys played a near final build. Nothing to worry about yet I reckon.

...Now, to see if I have replied before this thread is moved....

[edit] Success!!

I thought this game had been confirmed for January? Isnt it out in france and releasing everywhere else over the next week or so?

thats odd?...in christchurch too

when does this game get released in nz?

Originally posted by welshy@Jan 23 2006, 09:28 PM
Had my copy of Official Playstation 2 mag Saturday and they are suggesting a May 2006 release for this game not Feb as it states on the EA website.

I know rugby isn't their favourite game (understatement) but they do seem quite positive about this one in their preview.

Anyway, just wondered if anyone had any more news on the release date?
It is official - the UK date for release of rugby 2006 is February 17th.

If you look on the rugby 2006 thread in EA forums one of the EA sports reps has released the offical date - i.e 17th February

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 25 2006, 09:31 AM
damn it, why is nz and oz always freakin last!
coz we 1st in everyting else

Union
League
Cricket

u name it, the Aussies and kiwis dominate

thus they give the north a head start, whenever they can

Besides, they always a good 10 hours behind us in anything, so we should share the wealth of being 1st in certain things

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jan 25 2006, 09:46 AM
An ex once told me it's true that Australians always come first...
its all about the good night sleep mate
we dont waste energy for other peoples pleasure...just ours
<

Yeh, definitely showing as 10th Feb on the EA website now, instead of 17th Feb. Guess it's come out early to try and catch the 6 Nations hype ? Good news, it's looking quite good, still miles behind Madden, etc, but if they can improve it even, say, 10-15% (if you can quantify an improvement in numeric terms) then within a few years we should have a really good rugby game from EA.

Good news for this year (according to those who have played it) are the remedying of the woeful animation fault in 2005 (thank the Lord), offloads and better ball physics, though R2006 will probably still suffer from quite weak AI, no contol over forward play and that "run in a diagonal line for 40 yards fault".

Latest posts