RFL hold off with Magic decision

SelimNiai

'Ark at ee mun!
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Bristol
RFL hold off with Magic decision

I like the idea of St James' Park, new area for the sport to try to invade as I think Gateshead are the only semi-pro/pro team around there. Not sure if the football side will be too chuffed with 4 games of rugby being played on the surface.

Cardiff's the other possibility and they could look at taking it to France, they have Catalan, Toulouse down there so maybe there is the potential for it to be played at Toulouse or somewhere

Cardiff could be good, Leagues getting a stronger fanbase in Wales, so it could get more people interested in it
Toulouse could be a good shout, but it depends how many league fans there are there, like whether they could sell out. I know toulouse have a second div team, but losing the English contingent could means ticket sales are low

Bring in back to Cardiff ... people loved it because of the fact that the stadium and the atmosphere. Its close to the city center so also adds to the atmosphere.

Last edited:
That's far too intelligent for the RFL to take the Magic weekend somewhere which would benefit the sport.

Either that or they're afraid of the League hotbed not being in the M62 Corridor.

I think they're going to cancel it.

It was great at first but the decision to move it from Cardiff and to take away derbies has not been a popular one and the attendance this year was down 10% from last year as the article says... My sources tell me that they are going to have an opening weekend extravaganza as per the Guinness Premiership.

Be a disappointing loss personally. I have the Magic Weekend to thank for getting me into League.

If they stayed in Cardiff it might not be an issue. But Edinburgh has not proven to be a popular venue. I've not been to either Magic weekends in Edinburgh.

I would go Cardiff again if it was hosted there more often...

I think the only other place they could try is Dublin, as it would be a good weekend venue (but would be expensive)

That's a venue I'd suggested mate. It'd be very different but as you say, price is a concern. I think fans are down on it now, and more and more players are of the view that it's unnecessary and is an additional game that could be an international weekend.

Latest posts