• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RFU Boss Suggests Condensing the Six Nations (Again)

Leinster Fan

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2018...ons-could-be-condensed-for-lions-suggest-rfu/

The RFU are like a guy who can't handle a rejection. How many times do the other unions have to say no before the RFU/ society of Premiership Clubs' useful idiots get it?

I like how they're trying to dress it up so that it's in favour of player welfare with the Lions (hahaha like the RFU gives two s**** about player welfare).

Two salty 6N posts by Irishmen in an hour aimed at all the other English speaking unions. I like it.

Leave the 6n, ditch the Lions!

Humble Ireland the gatekeepers of rugby.

Oh how one day I wish for England to be perfect like you, how no one plays pro rugby for money but simply for the shirt, how the people in the streets give them free loafs of bread to feed them.

How dare someone suggest anything different than what dear humble Ireland wants, not like European cup is a better competition now the brutal English and French changed it.

Oh how one day I wish for England to be perfect like you, how no one plays pro rugby for money but simply for the shirt, how the people in the streets give them free loafs of bread to feed them.

How dare someone suggest anything different than what dear humble Ireland wants, not like European cup is a better competition now the brutal English and French changed it.
All them empty seats in the semis and finals and a far less identifiable brand is better?

I think the Irish are going through a major image change. I mean, the old image of Leprechauns, shamrock, Guinness, horses running through council estates, toothless simpletons, people with eyebrows on their cheeks, badly tarmacced drives – in this country, men in platform shoes being arrested for bombings, lots of rocks, and Beamish. I think people are saying "yes, there's more to Ireland than this". A good slogan for the tourist board – "Dere's more to Oireland dan dis."

Every time old Melvo opens his mouth he just spews ****. RFU needs gutting.

All them empty seats in the semis and finals and a far less identifiable brand is better?
Far less identifiable despite being called literally the exact same thing?

The Celtic boycott of Europe is hilarious.
It ended up with the club's getting more money and everyone qualifying on merit. Tip top.

don't mind me i'm just slightly fuelled and being argumentative for no real reason.
although emptyg is most likely down to the general fall in attendance everywhere.

i would rather have the 6n's than lions too. although wouldn't mind following the lions one tour.

Far less identifiable despite being called literally the exact same thing?

The Celtic boycott of Europe is hilarious.
It ended up with the club's getting more money and everyone qualifying on merit. Tip top.
After four years of not being called that... I'm no marketing whizz but I know that's going to go a long way to killing the brand!

Do you have evidence the clubs get more money? I've heard the opposite but have never seen anything concrete. Everyone already qualified on merit too...

Everyone already qualified on merit too...
No they didn't, Pro14 sides were gifted spots despite not being top sides. The Italians had no business being in top tier Europe.

I was under the impression the TV money was far greater now, but if that's not the case then I retract that.

Keep things the same please. When the Lions tour comes around it means a lot. Maybe they do play too many matches. But still, Like i say it means a lot. But so does the 6 nations. And seeing as it is on free to air channels it should not be messed with.

No they didn't, Pro14 sides were gifted spots despite not being top sides. The Italians had no business being in top tier Europe.

I was under the impression the TV money was far greater now, but if that's not the case then I retract that.
The best Italian side qualified. It is advertised as a European competition and now it's happy to exclude a tier 1 nation. Reducing the numbers and keeping sponsorship the same would have been far, far better but the LNR and PRL were on a power trip, the LNR could afford to **** up a bit, the PRL not so much.

I do find it ironic how often people who argue the new club competition is better also call for Georgia to enter the 6N. (Not directed at Olyy) One is a European cup and advertises as so, while the 6n does not!

I honestly don't know about revenue, I think the English and French clubs make about the same while the rest make less though but I couldn't tell you where I read that.

European cup is about finding the best club in Europe, Italy having no teams in it doesn't take away from it's a European comp.

Best European clubs.
Best representation from the top leagues in Europe.

Are Italy even tier 1 anymore? They're 15th in the rankings.
Should we include whoever wins the Georgia rugby comp?
Or Timisoara Saracens?
How can it be a top European rugby comp if it excludes some of the top rugby nations in Europe

European cup is about finding the best club in Europe, Italy having no teams in it doesn't take away from it's a European comp.
If you're good enough to win you're good enough to qualify.
Italy aren't excluded they just have to qualify.

There's no north western representation, #justice4sale #notarealeuropeancomp

Yeah, because having you're hemisphere's best players play five games in six weeks and injuring half of them is such a great idea.

In fairness the attendance is probably mostly down to clubs with the bigger fanbases like Munster/Leicester being less successful. Clubs with no fans like Saracens/Racing getting big sugar daddies to buy success without having the fans to fill the stadiums during the knockouts.

If it was about finding the best club in Europe and nothing else we should just have a six team home and away league. Is there any chance of anyone but Leinster, Sarries or a couple French clubs winning?

The champions League hasn't got Europe's best 32 sides.

Yeah, because having you're hemisphere's best players play five games in six weeks and injuring half of them is such a great idea.

In fairness the attendance is probably mostly down to clubs with the bigger fanbases like Munster/Leicester being less successful. Clubs with no fans like Saracens/Racing getting big sugar daddies to buy success without having the fans to fill the stadiums during the knockouts.
Attendance is down to only having two weeks to organise a semi final, the tournament organisers choosing the price of tickets and having finals in hard to access areas where rugby isn't outrageously popular like Bilbao and Lyon!

Attendance is down to only having two weeks to organise a semi final, the tournament organisers choosing the price of tickets and having finals in hard to access areas where rugby isn't outrageously popular like Bilbao and Lyon!

The finals and semis timeline is purely a French thing for wanting the top 14 ***le to be the last one.

Next final better be in Amsterdam though

The finals and semis timeline is purely a French thing for wanting the top 14 ***le to be the last one.

Next final better be in Amsterdam though
The LNR are chodes too, richer chodes.

If it is I'll see you there, we can trip on shrooms and take a pic with that big penis together... As long as @Groundhog doesn't hog it.

Latest posts