• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RHCP - Stadium Arcadium

J

jinxed_nz

Has anyone listen to this albem yet? I havent and i was thinking about getting it. Im not that bigger fan anymore, however i still like to sit back and listen to a song everynow and then. Being a 2CD set though i am concerned that the good music will be spread to thin through lots of bad. Anyone have an oppinion?

Oh and i like that first song till it got thrashed!!! So now its kinda gay.

From what I've heard I liked, but that's because I like the Chillis (who doesn't?)
But it gets to a stage where all the songs start sounding similar after listening for a while. I think they would have been best to make it only 1 cd, but there aren't many, if any bad songs just some average ones. Their distinct sound and skills as musicians make it a good listen.

Am I the only one who's had enough of them and think's they've gone downhill since Californication?

What, I am? Bugger...

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jun 2 2006, 12:33 PM
Am I the only one who's had enough of them and think's they've gone downhill since Californication?

What, I am? Bugger...
na i think there completely over-rated too. im not saying there a **** bad, infact they would be one of the better bands at the moment, but thats not saying much.

Stadium Arcadium is a billion times better than By the Way, and at least twice as good as Californication imo.

The two cds are called Mars and Jupiter for some reason.

Mars is by far the better cd. Theres a lot more funk and sounds a lot more like the Chili Peppers of old. Much sharper basslines and funky guitar.
Highlights are (I don't know the names) track 2, 4 and 11 imo.

Jupiter would be a lot better if the slow songs were shortened a little bit. The Chili peppers were never that great at the slow songs. Under the Bridge was brilliant, but thats about it. Jupiter starts to get a little tedious in my opinion, but its good cruisy music.

Its a very good album, but still no BSSM.

...Then again, I am a big Chilis fan,.

"I have to admit i am a chilies fan from way back, anyone else have this CD?
g09183v02cv.jpg

Anyway yeah By the Way let me down after Californication so im just not sure at the moment.

I don't see why people hate By the Way, yet wet themselves over Californication. The only truly classic songs on Californication (IMO) are Around the World, Emitremmus and Right on Tim.

I preferred By the Way with songs like Can't Stop, By the Way and this is the Place...

although Blood, Sex, Sugar, Magic is easily their best work...

My Top Chili Albums since 91 (anything pre John Frusciante and Chad Smith is near impossible for me to find, I've only heard Hillel Slovak play twice... and one was on a shitty arse quality bootleg)

1. BSSM
2. By the Way
3. Californication
4. Stadium Acardium.

Not really a fan of Stadium Acardium myself... I know theres that one between BSSM and Californication but for all intensive purposes i've erased that from my mind.

You see, for me it goes:

BSSM
Stadium Arcadium
Californication
By the Way.

By the Way only had two songs that I really really liked. Both singles, By the way and Can't stop.
Californication was slightly better in my opinion. Although Around the World, may favourite from the album, wasn't as good as By the way. I like Dirt was cool too.

Ripper, What Hits? isn't too hard to find. If you're going to get one of their older albums, get that one. It has their best songs from the good ol' days.

That silly Jungle song is one of my all time favourites.

That CD is showed before is pre rollercoaster even so late 80's early 90's and it surprisingly different. Its good some awsome stuff on it. Anyoe member higher ground? or fight like a brave? its some good stuff if your into seeing where chillies came from.

Originally posted by jinxed_nz@Jun 3 2006, 11:07 AM
That CD is showed before is pre rollercoaster even so late 80's early 90's and it surprisingly different. Its good some awsome stuff on it. Anyoe member higher ground? or fight like a brave? its some good stuff if your into seeing where chillies came from.
Hell yeah.

I was watching that Every Video Ever made thing on C4 a few weeks ago. Good ****. First time I had ever seen some of those older videos. Quite funny watching them go through the glow-paint phase, and the candle phase.... The shirtless phase is a mainstay though...

I know I gave it the beat down before, but yesterday was the first time I gave One Hot Minute a decent chance... and all I have to say is Dave Navarro > John Frusciante.

Anyone know where I can get any live bootlegs with some of these songs since they stopped playing them when John returned?

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 6 2006, 07:44 PM
Dave Navarro > John Frusciante.
Die...

Aeroplane is the best song they played while Dave Navarro was with them... And thats not a guitar song.

Originally posted by kaftka+Jun 6 2006, 07:57 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jun 6 2006, 07:44 PM
Die...

Aeroplane is the best song they played while Dave Navarro was with them... And thats not a guitar song. [/b]
You die first, then I'll consider whether to comply with your request or not.

Deep Kick > Aeroplane

Originally posted by Ripper+Jun 6 2006, 08:00 PM-->
Originally posted by kaftka@Jun 6 2006, 07:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper

Die...

Aeroplane is the best song they played while Dave Navarro was with them... And thats not a guitar song.
You die first, then I'll consider whether to comply with your request or not.

Deep Kick > Aeroplane [/b]
The whole album was crap.

Well, it was alright... Better than By the Way.

Oh wait, you like that one too don't you? Die.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 6 2006, 07:44 PM
worst post ever!

how can you say that Navarro is better than Frusciante?!?!? ok Navarro does have a hot wife so that gives him a few points but thats nothing compared to the magical music that Frusciante has made

Originally posted by MonoTurd+Jun 7 2006, 12:59 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
worst post ever!

how can you say that Navarro is better than Frusciante?!?!? ok Navarro does have a hot wife so that gives him a few points but thats nothing compared to the magical music that Frusciante has made [/b]
Frusciante is a drugged up *******... his Guitar work is good, but it wasn't as good as Navarros in One Hot Minute.

That and the fact his backup vocals make me want to go over there and slap his drugged up arse.

Then again Kirk Hammet > Both.

Originally posted by Ripper+Jun 7 2006, 08:27 PM-->
Originally posted by MonoTurd@Jun 7 2006, 12:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper

worst post ever!

how can you say that Navarro is better than Frusciante?!?!? ok Navarro does have a hot wife so that gives him a few points but thats nothing compared to the magical music that Frusciante has made
Frusciante is a drugged up *******... his Guitar work is good, but it wasn't as good as Navarros in One Hot Minute.

That and the fact his backup vocals make me want to go over there and slap his drugged up arse.

Then again Kirk Hammet > Both. [/b]
Hes not a druged up basturd anymore, he used to be bu you can say that everyone else wasnt

Originally posted by Ripper+Jun 7 2006, 07:27 PM-->
Originally posted by MonoTurd@Jun 7 2006, 12:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper

worst post ever!

Then again Kirk Hammet > Both. [/b]
Pfft.... The Rolling Stones have never stopped doing drugs, and they rock harder than your mothers headboard when shes working. Don't give me that ****. Cobain was a drugged up *******. Anthony Kiedis was a drugged up *******... Hell, even my idol Dave Grohl was a drugged up *******.

As for the One Hot minute thing. Skillfully it may have better guitar (I don't know, I try to block that album from my mind), but there is no denying that as soon as Dave Navarro came, the Chili Peppers lost some of their Chili-ism, and when Frusciante came back from rehab, they got it back.

Not to mention, Navarro looks like a Prince-Earl Hickey hybrid.

?? thats soo lame its funny hahaha. Oh and the rolling stones dont do drugs anymore, well thats what they say. They are a bit old to be doing that on tour now. All they gotta do i watchout for those dam trees while on holiday haha.

Latest posts