• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Robinson joins Gloucester.

D

danny

Nicky Robinson has joined Gloucester on a three year deal from Cardiff Blues. The 27 year old fly-half will be with Glaws from the start of pre-season training. Blues fans, is this a good signing or simply part of Dean Ryans plan to buy up every half decent back in British rugby. IMO he is a decent player but once again do we need him. Give me Chris Jack anytime!

will Ryan even be at Gloucester next season or are the rumours that he could be leaving off the mark?

I dont think any of us really care that much. This signing also says Ryan Lamb will be leaving us as well. The club has finally tired of his attitude, poor defence and binge drinking in Cheltenham.

well that's just it, there's been so much promise from Gloucester where it's been about next year but next year came last year and still no significant trophies. Who would you want for next season should he go?

He's been playing consistently well this season, brobaly the most consistent of any Welsh fly half, and because of that, he's a great signing for Gloucester. He's always had the ability to unlock any defence with his passing, he's got a good boot and defends well. His downfall in the past has been consistency, playing out of his skin once weekened then poorly the next.

Overall from what I've seen, he's a slightly better player than Ryan Lamb imo, so will strengthen Gloucesters squad.

seems to have spent more time analysing on S4C than playing in recent years.

Seems a bit of an odd signing to me, since we just signed Spencer and already have Barkley to help cover at 10 if we are short. Certainly seems to indicate that Lamb's time in Glos is over, but wonder if it also signals Barkley leaving as well?...

Perhaps a return to Bath for Barkley?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 13 2009, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good player, but could never make the step up to International Level![/b]
Sound just what we need. Great club player who wont be called upon by his country.

He will have the odd moment where you will be going, why the f*** did he do that! And at times it may cost you or win you games!

Good tactical kicker, organises the line well, can put together a good move and is actually a pretty good finisher.

However, he's very much a confidence player and when his confidence is low, he will have a stinker. As said above can blow hot or freezing cold.

Hes better than lamb though. And thats what counts for Gloucester

Blows hot and cold as said above.
Great Regional Level player though, can do it all to a decent standard. I used to like Ryan Lamb, you lot don't seem to though.

You shouldn't have Gatland wanting him for Welsh duty anyway.

Latest posts