• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Robinson must go IMO

CaleyFan

Academy Player
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Scotland
If Scotland don't get at LEAST TWO wins out of this years 6 Nations then, IMO, Andy Robinson SHOULD GO!!

Against France we made FAR TO MANY basic errors yet this asshole said we were an improving side, AYE FECKING RIGHT WE ARE!! Against Wales we were UTTERLY SHOCKING and to be honest a bunch of 5yr Olds could have played better and CAUGHT A BALL, the ammount of dropped passes in that match was unreal.

I was not 100% for his appointment in the 1st place due to his sacking at England, which made me think, what has this guy done to deserve the Scotland job, my answer, **** ALL!!

Eddie Jones would be my choice to replace him but i am expecting a barage of criticism, especially from fellow Scots but, i don't care.

Welcome to the forum but you're very wrong. Are wins over Oz and South Africa as well as a great to in Argentina not signs of massive improvement?

No pleasing some people.

Under his reign Scotland have come on leaps and bounds.
Calling for his head after a poor showing against Wales is a bit daft,
Give him the rest of the 6N and then see where to go from there

As Feic said, beating the World Champions, the team ranked 2nd in the IRB rankings and also Argentina twice in their own backyard is hardly a poor performance!

Yes we got MAGNIFICENT WINS over Australia, South Africa and Argentina (twice) BUT IMO, we have taken a backwards step.

Australia- We were fortunate to win because Giteau missed numerous kicks at goal which is unlike him.

Olyy, where do you see improvements?

I can't see any other than results and even when we have won, it has been due to luck eg. Australia, South Africa, Samoa (i only know this because it was won in last min by Jackson, i was watching London Masters, Tennis as i am a HUGE Tennis fan but that isn't for this particular site).

Maybe the only positive i can see is that we have mumerous options for every position but our scrum is **** poor, our invention is **** as is shown by lack of tries.

So, olyy, tell me where you see improvements?

Sounds like the England football team moaning for the sacking of Capello every England defeat!

Andy Robinson has been huge for Scotland. You can say "It's all been luck" but all the luck in the world wouldn't have helped Scotland 4 years ago beat any of the teams mentioned. They've also been pretty unlucky especially last year, to have not won a lot more matches in the 6 Nations, so I think patience is important. The RWC is coming up, so Scotland will at least want to make the semi finals, so Robinson can be tested then.

Sounds like the Welsh media...

But I think the Scots have really come on in the past few years. I mean, none of us expected them to play so poorly against us a few weeks ago, but form is a fickle mistress. The quality of your rugby one week, doesn't necessarily dictate the state of it come the next week.
The top 2/3 sides in the world can often rely on their form week in week out, hence the reason they are up there, but it's hard to get momentum when you're stuttering along the season with some wins and some losses.

What aspect of Scotland's performance against Wales was down to poor coaching? getting crunched at the breakdown , Parks' inability to do anything, even to make the right decisions. And Robinson has reacted positively and has wrung the changes, bringing in Jackson, keeping A good kicker and tactician at Fullback in Patterson, Lamont back into the centre. He's making good decisions. If Scotland don't perform, you need to look at your players on the pitch.

Seriously man, Scotland were NOWHERE before Robinson. Getting rid of him would be one of the worst decisions Scottish rugby could make. Lets nto forget how tough the six natiosn is as a competition. You can be a great team and lose lots of games. Look at Ireland, its all in the balance at the moment, but they could have lost to Italy, they did lose to France, they could very well loose any of their remaining games, yet I still think they are a great side (but granted, they have a coaching problem themselves in Kidney's conservativism)

Very strange opinion I must say
As others have said, there is just no pleasing some people

Looking at the positions of the club teams in the ML, it should be no suprise that we played poorly against Wales

If only more than the one or two of our players could have put in as much energy and passion as Robinson did in the coaches box, we would not have played so poorly

Only an idiot (dont mean that personally) would call for Robinson to go at this stage. I think hes been doing a good job and wouldnt be surprised to see him getting a premiership or ML job with a fairly big team in the future.

Last edited:
If ye sack him ha we can find a job here for him. A great rugby brain and has done a fine job with Scotland.

I don't think Andy Robinson should go. Scotland performed really well in the Autumn internationals with some great results against some of the best teams in the world to go with it. Thought they had a great game against France, just that they caught the French on a bad day when they were at their very best.

The Wales performance wasn't great but one bad performance should not lead to knee jerk calls for a manager to be sacked. It's simply not the answer. Scotland have improved since he came in and come on seriously who is going to do a better job?

Amazed anyone can be upset with the job ARs done. Especially as he only has a pool of 23 players and a few schoolkids to call upon.

Think Bullitt made super point there and well he hasn't got resources of others and performs suberbly. I think his reputation was slightly tarnished with England job but in fairness he took over at wrong time and wasn't the cause of the downfall. England were on top for so long they had to come back down but the way Robbo went North and rebuilt himself with Edinburgh and progressed to Scottish job

Why are some Scottish fans taking the defeat against Wales as a sign of the apocalypse? Every team has bad games if the final three games this Six Nations are as bad then worry but relax for now. Robinson has been the best thing for Scottish rugby in the last decade, this guy has taken a limited talent pool and formed a squad that has grinded out some impressive results.

Wow, fairly surprised by this one.

Couldn't really disagree more. I think nickdnz hit the nail on the head. With all the luck in the world I can't see Scotland getting the results they have got over the last 18 months without AR.

Also there seems to be no mention of the excellent time AR spent at Edinburgh which got him in contention for the job in the first place.

I for one was delighted to see Robinson sign a new deal with SRU. True, I expected a lot more against Wales, but I still see a lot of potential despite that performance.

Robinson was superb for Edinburgh. Look at them now since he's gone.

Madness!

Robbo turned Edinburgh around and now look at them.

He can only work with the dross he has and it's not his fault that their arses collapse on the field.

Hi, I'm an Englishman who likes it when Scotland is ****, and I endorse the original post and all others calling for Andy Robinson to be fired and never allowed to work in Scotland again.

I also endorse all opinions saying that Richie Grey's useless and should be dropped and blanket bans on people with surnames beginning with the letter 'B' from playing fro Scotland. Hmm. And no more Patterson kicking while we're at it.

Have I made my point yet?

Latest posts