• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rolling Mauls

A

ace

Being able to do a set move from a maul is brilliant!!!!...........but, why does it take so long to get a rolling maul started??!!??!!

Any thoughts?

it depends on how many people you have in the maul, compared to when they put people in the maul

sometimes for me it starts pretty much straight away sometimes it doesnt.

i like it

I find them hit and miss. Think the idea is to get men into the maul asap and then start driving. Leave it too long and I think its a done deal.

On classic views two and three, the game makes a mistake - it thinks you are playing downfield in the first half as in classic view one (or the second half, if you're the away team). Consequently, to get the maul moving forwards, you actually have to pull back on the left analogue instead of pushing forwards - this is also the case when trying to get your fly half to run onto the ball passed from the ruck or scrum. (This is on PS2, not sure if the same applies for other versions).

Originally posted by Ian@Feb 27 2006, 01:25 AM
On classic views two and three, the game makes a mistake - it thinks you are playing downfield in the first half as in classic view one (or the second half, if you're the away team). Consequently, to get the maul moving forwards, you actually have to pull back on the left analogue instead of pushing forwards - this is also the case when trying to get your fly half to run onto the ball passed from the ruck or scrum. (This is on PS2, not sure if the same applies for other versions).
It does.

I guess once you have the numbers in the maul you can get moving....but still it takes a while to get rolling...especially when the try line is 5-10 metres out and your hot on attack

I find the rolling mauls to be good, once i got to grips with them starting slowly.

Although i find them to be lacking that 'effort' factor. The defenders seem not to be trying and the attackers just chunter along. They don't have much 'epic' about them. Maybe people could peel off and rejoin. Making the maul continue or grind to a halt with a resurgence.

When i go to sale on a friday, i find the push of a maul to be the spectacle and how they are defended. They dont always go in a straight line and stay in uniformity.

What's the difference between an offload and a cut-out pass? They're both going backwards.

Latest posts