• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 11

Leinster team more predictable than usual for this type of game, assuming the players released back from Ireland will all start and then not much unpredictability left.

Something like

Dooley, Kelleher, Bent, Molony, Fardy, Ruddock, Connors, Deegan, McGrath, Frawley, Lowe, 2 of Tomane/COB/JOB, Dave and Rob Kearney with Cronin/Tracy, Byrne, Aungier, Baird, Murphy/Penny, JGP, Harry Byrne and a back three player

Barry Daly apparently back in training so could feature.

We can pick a really strong team if we wanted to, and we don't really have any unimportant games left if we want to try win something this season, but I hope we mix the team with experience and youth.
I'll go with....
1. O'Connor, 2. Scannell 3. Knox,
4. Wycherley, 5. Holland,
6. O'Donoghue, 7. O'Donnell, 8. O'Sullivan,
9. Casey, 10. Hanrahan,
11. Nash, 12. Scannell, 13. Farrell, 14. Daly, 15. Haley

16. O'Byrne, 17. Loughman 18. Archer
19. O'Shea 20. Botha
21. Cronin, 22. Healy
23. Sweetnam

Now with that said
Also on another note good to see a Georgian, Nika Amashukeli reffing this game. He reffed us against Welsh under 20 and seemed good.

Munster: Mike Haley; Calvin Nash, Chris Farrell, Dan Goggin, Shane Daly; JJ Hanrahan, Neil Cronin; James Cronin, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Fineen Wycherley, Billy Holland (C); Jack O'Donoghue, John Hodnett, Arno Botha.

Replacements: Kevin O'Byrne, Jeremy Loughman, Keynan Knox, Gavin Coombes, Chris Cloete, Nick McCarthy, Ben Healy, Rory Scannell.

Delighted to see Hodnett getting a start.

The less said about Ben Healy being on the bench at home to the Southern Kings the better though. Still, it's a step in the right direction even if that team should definitely be more adventurous given it's a game at home to the worst team in the league.

Is Casey injured? If he's not the selection is disappointing.
Not as far as I know. Our latest squad update had only Jean Kleyn (neck), Rhys Marshall (knee), Joey Carbery (wrist), Tadhg Beirne (ankle), Brian Scott (foot), Tyler Bleyendaal (neck) listed.

Not as far as I know. Our latest squad update had only Jean Kleyn (neck), Rhys Marshall (knee), Joey Carbery (wrist), Tadhg Beirne (ankle), Brian Scott (foot), Tyler Bleyendaal (neck) listed.
Not out but was on modified training. But to be fair it's rotation too. Jack O'Sullivan was on modified training too

Not out but was on modified training. But to be fair it's rotation too. Jack O'Sullivan was on modified training too
I should add they will be involved in next round as it was well mooted that there will be heavy rotation

We Are Warriors! :cool: We Are Warriors!

logo.png

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Rob Kearney (217)
14. Fergus McFadden (182)
13. Jimmy O'Brien (14)
12. Joe Tomane (19)
11. Dave Kearney (146)
10. Ciarán Frawley (22)
9. Luke McGrath (121)
1. Peter Dooley (73)
2. Rónan Kelleher (10)
3. Michael Bent (132)
4. Ross Molony (93)
5. Scott Fardy (55) CAPTAIN
6. Rhys Ruddock (169)
7. Will Connors (13)
8. Max Deegan (60)

16. Seán Cronin (178)
17. Michael Milne (5)
18. Roman Salanoa (2)
19. Ryan Baird (4)
20. Scott Penny (11)
21. Jamison Gibson-Park (85)
22. Harry Byrne (6)
23. Cian Kelleher (12)

Great try for Hodnett, not great opposition but he's showing a great all around game.

Great try for Hodnett, not great opposition but he's showing a great all around game.

Kings could have been penalised for other offenses earlier in the game, but that yellow card was daft. Cloete was asking for that elbow.

Just watching the match now. Get you someone who talks about you like Donal Lenihan talks about John Hodnett. Managed to mention him in every situation.
Delighted Hodnett had a great game though I think he can definitely excel as a ball carrying 7. The opposition was truly muck but it was good to see us run up the score when we could have sat back. Young players looked very hungry.
Edit: harsh yellow at the end. The fella was trying to break up a scuffle and Cloete tries to collar him.

Last edited:

Latest posts