Cardiff Blues v Edinburgh – KO: 20:00 Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff
Host Broadcaster: Premier Sports; Secondary Broadcaster: eir Sport

Munster
Ulster
Leinster
Glasgow
Connacht
Edinburgh

Munster: Jake Flannery; Andrew Conway, Alex McHenry, Rory Scannell, Liam Coombes; JJ Hanrahan, Paddy Patterson; Liam O'Connor, Diarmuid Barron, Keynan Knox; Cian Hurley, Thomas Ahern; Jack O'Donoghue (captain), Chris Cloete, Jack O'Sullivan.

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, Jeremy Loughman, Roman Salanoa, Jack Daly, Tommy O'Donnell, Nick McCarthy, Ben Healy, Matt Gallagher.

Benetton: Jayden Hayward; Ratuva Tavuyara, Joaquin Riera, Luca Morisi, Angelo Esposito; Tommaso Allan, Dewaldt Duvenage (captain); Nicola Quaglio, Tomas Baravalle, Filippo Alongi, Irné Herbst; Eli Snyman, Alberto Sgarbi; Manuel Zuliani, Giovanni Pettinelli.

Replacements: Corniel Els, Thomas Gallo, Tiziano Pasquali, Nicola Piantella, Marco Barbini, Luca Petrozzi, Tommaso Benvenuti, Leonardo Sarto.

Exciting Munster team. Really looking forward to seeing Flannery play

Great to see strides being made in refereeing in the Munster game. No reason people from Scotland can't ref games.

Ah Ben what have you done to your hair?!

This ref is good.

Well, that was rubbish. I think if I was a Zebre fan I'd be feeling much like I did as an Ulster fan against Leinster a couple of weeks ago. If the referee applied the rules correctly in reducing them to 13 men when Manfredi was sent off, then the rules are stupid. Meanwhile, Rob Lyttle didn't even get a yellow card for hitting a man in the air, and I'm not convinced Lowry grounded the ball for his try.

Guarantee you still had a better evening than we did.

Well, Leinster lost, so that was a bonus. ;)

And it was nice seeing Brad Roberts, the owner of the best mullet in world rugby, get a try. I hope we keep him on next season - he was signed on a short term contract from Rainey Old Boys in the All Ireland League, as injury cover at hooker while Rob Herring is away with Ireland, but I think he's proved his worth to the team, and he really seems to enjoy every minute he plays.

1616195996024.png

Ah Ben what have you done to your hair?!

This ref is good.
I thought the ref was very good, haven't thought that in a while. Have a theory. I've never seen such a laid back ref and I think it helps a lot. She didn't seem to rush any decisions and allowed players approach her to talk and treated them with respec every time I.e. didn't ignore them, and they responded with respect which helped. She answered clearly and concisely. Also didn't say a whole lot as the game was played. Think referees almost edge on coaching these days with the amount the commands the issue during play.

On the other hand there was nothing riding on the game and no big decisions like a high tackle, tackle in the air or awkward grounding etc..

Lmao at Leinster losing. Probably will stand to some of their young players to finally lose a game though and a complete dead rubber with 96th choice 14 year old players at that. Ospreys are improving you'd have to say.

Happy with our result last night. Benneton are a bit of a banana skin for us at times and our young lads did pretty well. Great to see Ahern get 80. Hurley made mistakes but grew into the game. McHenry was quite good and the two tight heads got tries. Haven't had lads who can carry ball like that at TH for Munster ever probably. Credit to Benneton too missing so many players and they still strung some lovely attack together.

Glad we're straight to the final because it's been a pretty poor year for the tournament with Irish sides getting on top of the pools early and not moving since. Feel slightly for Ulster who probably deserve some knockout rugby, but they had their shots too.

Well done Ospreys. (Granted it was a decidedly understrength Leinster team, but then the Ospreys were missing loads of players too). Although I missed the match, it sounds like the young Os made a remarkable comeback in the last fifteen minutes and have at least now guaranteed Champions Cup rugby next season.

Wouldn't want to be the fullback trying to stop Big Papa.

Fitzgerald moving the back line well.

I'm beginning to think you are Murray kinsella

Would normally just copy and paste the team but was watching a movie so went with the lazier option. The42 doesn't play nice with copy and paste.

Latest posts