• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 5: Hurricanes v Stormers

D

Dumbo

The Canes take on the not so storming Stormers. The Canes come off a tight win against the Brumbies and the Stormers come off a loss against the Highlanders. The Stormers as far as I can remember have never been to good away from South Africa (and this year they have also been pretty shitful in South Africa).

This should be a good chance for the Highlanders to secure another win… I’m going with Canes by 20.
Also Smith could be back to replace the injured Umaga.

This should be a good chance for the Highlanders to secure another win… I’m going with Canes by 20.
Also Smith could be back to replace the injured Umaga.
[/b]
Hehe just beign a prick, but Canes should **** all over their fish and chips...

Well, up and until about 3 years ago, the Stormers were comfortably SA`s best touring team, and then along came coach Fester.

Nothing much to add- unfortunately more of the same expected by the Stormers- throwing away possession, giving away stupid penalties( and cards), going backwards in the scrums, losing line-outs, not securing kick-offs- and playing from touchline to touchline, once again.

Unless the Stormers coaching staff can secure firstly a game-plan, and secondly a radar( no guys, the fkn touchline is NOT where you score a try), then it`s more of the same- Canes by 15+

I feel like I'm invading on foreign territory here. :)

I just finished watching a really entertaining game between Hurricanes and Blues.
I just wanted to know about the little guy who played at 11 for the Canes.
He looked really dangerous throughout and i was just wondering what his situation is.
Is he performing well enough consistently enough to be considered for all blacks duty?

I wish i could remember the guy's name...
He's small, but well built.

I feel like I'm invading on foreign territory here. :)

I just finished watching a really entertaining game between Hurricanes and Blues.
I just wanted to know about the little guy who played at 11 for the Canes.
He looked really dangerous throughout and i was just wondering what his situation is.
Is he performing well enough consistently enough to be considered for all blacks duty?

I wish i could remember the guy's name...
He's small, but well built.
[/b]

His name is David Smith.

Refer to this thread for more info:

http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?showtopic=16192

Read Ickon, Chiropractor & my posts. We were all talking about him there.

Hope that helps.
:D

Cheers jugger, that helped loads.
It's also educated me to the fact that regardless of your place of birth, sometimes the glamour of the all blacks is too hard to resist.
I don't respect that, but then again, i don't really understand it.
Maybe he's lived in NZ for many a year, and that it really is his home now.
But i find that conflicting as a proud Welshman...i don't think i could do it.

well its hard when the money and the better quality football is in another country...and youre good enough for it...look at the pacific island nations..we have potential megastars left,right and centre and we will continue to produce them year in and out....

hey if they wanna eat and put food on their plates,feed their families and get to do a job that provides them with enjoyment,health and wealth and some sort of stability then where would go?..ofcourse you would play for wales..the money is there...there is no money in the pacific...

thanx irb..legends you are

I dnt believe it. How could this be. The stormers are winning. By quite a bit.

Final score 30-17 (i think).

Absolute shitful effort from the Canes... shitful.
Well done stormers.

HA!...good job..they deserved that lesson by playing that awefully...well done paulse..hahaha loving the flip havent seen it in ages!!!

DAVID SMITH!!! DAVID SMITH!!!! DAVID SMITH!!!!

Sounds like Jimmy Gopperth had a terrible game, but in stark contrast Peter Grant had a great game. Could this be the catalyst to get the Stormers back onto a winning run?

I only watched this after the sharks game due to work (*thank goodness for the PVR eh ?*)

I didn't think I could get any happier after that sharks game....

I was wrong :)

i was at the game hurricanes were hidious but the stormers were actually preetty gud 2 watch i must say gota luv duvet barry f*** he can run hard

I missed the first 22 minutes cos I thought it started at 730 not 7:10 :(

NOOOOOOO MA'A IS INJURED! damn hope its not serious!

Stupid Stormers :(...they played quite well lol :(

:bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:

Well done to the Stormers- sure the Canes weren`t up to scratch in this game, but you can only play what`s in front of you!

Excellent game by the forwards- Andries Bekker is really starting to hit form, the loosies finally started playing as a combination- and Burger looks to have shaken his ring-rust after the long injury lay-off. Moreover, the scrums actually looked very good- I wonder what odds you`d have gotten on the Stormers scoring the 1st pushover try of S14 2007?

In the backs, Conradie was pretty sharp, Grant really produced the goods at flyhalf, Barry had his best game at any level since 2004, while Paulse and De Villiers looked like the players of old. And Gio Aplon finally showed everyone why he`s so highly rated at this early stage of his career- easing him into things on the wing was a masterstroke.

Hopefully, this can be the turning point of their campaign- goodness knows, with the draw from hell they need all the confidence they can muster from the early games.

Latest posts