• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 6 - Blues v Brumbies

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Mar 14 2006, 09:38 PM
Hey Jacko said they would win by 31,thats not very generous

I would have picked the Brumbies by more ,but Giteau and Ashley-Cooper aren't playing.

Although on the Brumbies website they reckon Cooper is a slight chance of returning for this game.
ashley-cooper is playing!

Head to Head:
Brumbies: 15 Adam Ashley-Cooper, 14 Clyde Rathbone, 13 Stirling Mortlock (captain), 12 Gene Fairbanks, 11 Mark Gerrard, 10 Stephen Larkham, 9 George Gregan, 8 Jone Tawake, 7 George Smith, 6 Daniel Heenan, 5 Mark Chisholm, 4 Alister Campbell, 3 Nic Henderson, 2 James McCormack, 1 Bill Young.

Replacements: 16 Saia Faingaa, 17 Guy Shepherdson, 18 Adam Wallace-Harrison, 19 Julian Salvi, 20 Patrick Phibbs, 21 Joel Wilson, 22 Ben Batger

Blues: 15 Isa Nacewa, 14 Viliame Waqaseduadua, 13 Anthony Tuitavake, 12 Rua Tipoki, 11 Joe Rokocoko, 10 Tasesa Lavea, 9 John Senio, 8 Nick Williams, 7 Daniel Braid, 6 Troy Flavell, 5 Ali Williams, 4 Greg Rawlinson, 3 John Afoa, 2 Keven Mealamu (captain), 1 Tony Woodcock.

Replacements: 16 Tim Dow, 17 Saimone Taumoepeau, 18 Kurtis Haiu, 19 Angus MacDonald, 20 Steve Devine, 21 Ben Atiga, 22 Brent Ward

dam..tasesa lavea is still alive?..

ripper your useless...giv me my water gun back...

if the blues lose this game!...i will not post in the womens rugby section for a whole 2months!..

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Mar 17 2006, 03:30 PM

if the blues lose this game!...i will not post in the womens rugby section for a whole 2months!..
He just wont die.

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Mar 17 2006, 03:30 PM

He just wont die.

Brumbies have had problems winning in Auckland but surely they can win this one. It will be interesting seeing how much the affect of losing Giteau it.

Blues in front by 18 at half time

Brumbies should of scored at least 3 or 4 tries but they keep dropping the bloody thing and giving the Blues easy counter attack tries

They need to pull there finger out next half, there embarrassing themselves.

Originally posted by sambad5@Mar 17 2006, 11:40 PM
why ward still hasnt got into the 1st 15 baffles me.
same here, i think hes a decent player who hasn't been given enough chances

Brumbies played so bad they actually made the Blues look half decent (and that aint easy)

Were the Brumbies really undefeated coming into this game?

I just earnt myself a tidy $20, I love you Nucifora. Towards the end we showed the signs of 2003 again, can't wait till we finally play McAlister at 10 and Lavea ends up in Chiros backyard.

Originally posted by Ripper@Mar 18 2006, 06:17 PM
Were the Brumbies really undefeated coming into this game?

I just earnt myself a tidy $20, I love you Nucifora. Towards the end we showed the signs of 2003 again, can't wait till we finally play McAlister at 10 and Lavea ends up in Chiros backyard.
I had an incling this one might go against the brumbies... I just wasn't brave enough to pick it with the Blues form. Oh well, I guess that goes to show the value of Nucifora's time with them, there's nothing like an inside man to expose a sides weaknesses.

Brumbies just didn't play well, the blues diserved to win, however the ref was a bit shoddy as well.

mayn...the refs have been useless in all games..

so soft.....and they slow down the whole bloody game..so much for our exciting super 14 first season..the refs have been ruining the action with slow and stupid calls

gud stuff blues....still lavea is like 20seconds slow in knowing what to do with the ball when he gets it...

i like how the aussie guys on inside rugby hyped up tawake only for him to get shutdown every ball carry he had...flavell is making great strides from terrorising japanese players that were calling him "godzillwa"...
our midfield are getting better but real slowly and execution is still looking silly..

all gud tho..im happy

quick poll: is it too late for the blues? round six, not half way, big win over the brumbies.

warratahs, bulls, stormers, force are there next games, so the next two will be very important, and if they win both, they will slaughter the other 2. sharks, cheeters, cats, also very beat-able. cheifs after that, who seem to be the blues bogie team.

imo, if we can beat the tahs and bulls we have a very good chance.

the ref was crap to both teams. it was good to see the blues of old running it with confidence and backing themselves to score. lavea is not a great first five but the forwards got him some nice ball to play with and then guys likt tuitavake did the rest.

ward from what i have heard from a source just came back from injury. hopefully he does start soon though he is a class act. put nacewa at 10 and then bring ward on at fullback.

lavea kicked the ball too many times in the 2nd half...the cross kick worked well once only...they should spread the ball more often...they hav one of the most exciting backlines...so why do they do cross kicks so often??
lavea was still crap...the blues forwards did all the hard work and which overshadowed the crap performance by lavea...we need mccalister to play at first five...he will surely give the team some direction.

Brumbies should have scored in the first 20, that proved the difference. Blues deserved to win they were clearly the more dangerous side.

Latest posts