Round 6 - Blues v Brumbies

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by Dumbo, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Dumbo

Dumbo Guest

Brumbies are number 3 on the ladder and the Blues are third to last.
    The Blues are at home but do not think this is going to help them at all.
    Brumbies are looking the favourite for this one.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

Yeah, big win for us even without gits. Blues minus roko? and what's with howlett?

Last year blues won 18-0 this year brumbies will win 38-7.

4. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

We might finally get to see Fairbanks at 12 this season....... should be good

Brumbies by 10

5. Dumbo

Dumbo Guest

I think your both being very generous to the Blues... very out of character for Australians... very

6. Rassie

Rassie Guest

Well, let`s see Brumbies in NZ , this is a very exciting match

7. Dumbo

Dumbo Guest

It should be, it has all the potential to be - but the only problem is that when I forget history and look at the Blues current performance all I see is Bernie playing extremely structured robotic rugby and taking the Blues to the cleaners.
    The best this about this game for the Blues is that it's another week closer for the return of McAllwayshurt.

8. Rassie

Rassie Guest

If Blues are going to lose thier chance for a semi will be purely theoretical. They need a win to stay in touch , they have the players in order to achieve it !

9. Dumbo

Dumbo Guest

Players = inderviduals.
    Take a look at the Highlanders - nothing to much to offer (easy tigers... Oliver, Hayman, Evans granted)...
    Team = 15 Players commited to winning by mutual support... I'll back anyone thats playing as a team.

10. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Hey Jacko said they would win by 31,thats not very generous

I would have picked the Brumbies by more ,but Giteau and Ashley-Cooper aren't playing.

Although on the Brumbies website they reckon Cooper is a slight chance of returning for this game.

11. Rassie

Rassie Guest

Yeah Dumbo, very true, rugby is perhaps the game where the meaning of a team really counts (it`s not like in soccer or basketball ).

12. Dumbo

Dumbo Guest

AND as this is the Southern Hemisphere part of the forum, more important for us...
    There is a roll for everyone to play in this game, the tight five, the loose forwards, the half, inside centres, outside centre, wing's and fullback. Or the fat and slow and the fast and the sleek.

There's a world cup coming up... I think the Northern Hemisphere has really lost the plot on not just the importance of every position playing the game to the mutual support of their team but also the number they wear on their back.

I look forward to seeing this game for one strong reasoning; the Brumbies will play the game with a certain style, structured, calculated, domineering, and possession.
    The Blues however will take a different road, unstructured, fast, frenetic, willing and wanting...

Oh and sorry there is a few secondary things I’m interested in, Flavell burying Bernie's ass... serious. Oh yeah and then there’s Keven Mealamu, Tony Woodcock and Ali Williams who are not going to chill and let their collective butt’s be kicked by a bunch of Aussies.

Blues just may… may be interested in winning the game from the front.

13. Ripper

Ripper Guest

We lost this game the minute McAlister broke his jaw.

14. Dumbo

Dumbo Guest

Any news on when he's coming back?
    Still can't believe that the Blues don't have a quality backup 1st 5

15. Ripper

Ripper Guest

They go elsewhere where they can start (at least thats what Nick Evans did)

16. Dumbo

Dumbo Guest

Is that what happened with one of the Wellington 1st 5's as well?

17. Ripper

Ripper Guest

You mean David Holwell?

18. Dumbo

Dumbo Guest

Did he play NPC for the Blues?

19. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Yeah, Northland (In the Blues Region).

But I think it had more to do with loyality to the Canes Franchise, while he played NPC last year for Northland after spending a year in Ireland, he had spent preety much his entire adult career playing for Wellington in the NPC and the Canes in the Super 12.

Toeava's supposed to be a Fly Half (or at least he can play it). I still think it was a mistake letting him go to Wellington... just hope he doesn't stay for good.

20. we are gonna win..i hope we do hahaha..but we have the players to execute a victory..its time they actually put in work

21. Rassie

Rassie Guest

Amazing but i have to agree with `the branch manager`, that`s my feeling too, i think Blues will win this one! Close call but i`d pick Auckland

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!