• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 6 - Blues v Brumbies

D

Dumbo

Brumbies are number 3 on the ladder and the Blues are third to last.
The Blues are at home but do not think this is going to help them at all.
Brumbies are looking the favourite for this one.

Yeah, big win for us even without gits. Blues minus roko? and what's with howlett?

Last year blues won 18-0 this year brumbies will win 38-7.

We might finally get to see Fairbanks at 12 this season....... should be good

Brumbies by 10

I think your both being very generous to the Blues... very out of character for Australians... very

It should be, it has all the potential to be - but the only problem is that when I forget history and look at the Blues current performance all I see is Bernie playing extremely structured robotic rugby and taking the Blues to the cleaners.
The best this about this game for the Blues is that it's another week closer for the return of McAllwayshurt.

If Blues are going to lose thier chance for a semi will be purely theoretical. They need a win to stay in touch , they have the players in order to achieve it !

Players = inderviduals.
Take a look at the Highlanders - nothing to much to offer (easy tigers... Oliver, Hayman, Evans granted)...
Team = 15 Players commited to winning by mutual support... I'll back anyone thats playing as a team.

Hey Jacko said they would win by 31,thats not very generous

I would have picked the Brumbies by more ,but Giteau and Ashley-Cooper aren't playing.

Although on the Brumbies website they reckon Cooper is a slight chance of returning for this game.

Yeah Dumbo, very true, rugby is perhaps the game where the meaning of a team really counts (it`s not like in soccer or basketball ).

AND as this is the Southern Hemisphere part of the forum, more important for us...
There is a roll for everyone to play in this game, the tight five, the loose forwards, the half, inside centres, outside centre, wing's and fullback. Or the fat and slow and the fast and the sleek.

There's a world cup coming up... I think the Northern Hemisphere has really lost the plot on not just the importance of every position playing the game to the mutual support of their team but also the number they wear on their back.

I look forward to seeing this game for one strong reasoning; the Brumbies will play the game with a certain style, structured, calculated, domineering, and possession.
The Blues however will take a different road, unstructured, fast, frenetic, willing and wanting...

Oh and sorry there is a few secondary things I’m interested in, Flavell burying Bernie's ass... serious. Oh yeah and then there’s Keven Mealamu, Tony Woodcock and Ali Williams who are not going to chill and let their collective butt’s be kicked by a bunch of Aussies.

Blues just may… may be interested in winning the game from the front.

Originally posted by Dumbo@Mar 15 2006, 12:06 AM
AND as this is the Southern Hemisphere part of the forum, more important for us...
There is a roll for everyone to play in this game, the tight five, the loose forwards, the half, inside centres, outside centre, wing's and fullback. Or the fat and slow and the fast and the sleek.

There's a world cup coming up... I think the Northern Hemisphere has really lost the plot on not just the importance of every position playing the game to the mutual support of their team but also the number they wear on their back.

I look forward to seeing this game for one strong reasoning; the Brumbies will play the game with a certain style, structured, calculated, domineering, and possession.
The Blues however will take a different road, unstructured, fast, frenetic, willing and wanting...

Oh and sorry there is a few secondary things I’m interested in, Flavell burying Bernie's ass... serious. Oh yeah and then there’s Keven Mealamu, Tony Woodcock and Ali Williams who are not going to chill and let their collective butt’s be kicked by a bunch of Aussies.

Blues just may… may be interested in winning the game from the front.
We lost this game the minute McAlister broke his jaw.

Any news on when he's coming back?
Still can't believe that the Blues don't have a quality backup 1st 5

Yeah, Northland (In the Blues Region).

But I think it had more to do with loyality to the Canes Franchise, while he played NPC last year for Northland after spending a year in Ireland, he had spent preety much his entire adult career playing for Wellington in the NPC and the Canes in the Super 12.

Toeava's supposed to be a Fly Half (or at least he can play it). I still think it was a mistake letting him go to Wellington... just hope he doesn't stay for good.

we are gonna win..i hope we do hahaha..but we have the players to execute a victory..its time they actually put in work

Amazing but i have to agree with `the branch manager`, that`s my feeling too, i think Blues will win this one! Close call but i`d pick Auckland

Latest posts