• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 6 - Bulls v Hurricanes

D

Dumbo

Canes (ranked number 2 on the ladder) take on the Bulls ranked 5.
Both teams are coming off a win... game of the round this one. Expect this game to be very very close.

In my opinion this is the most important and biggest hurdle the Bulls face and will set the tone to how well they handle the away games.

Will be interesting to see how both teams can handle the pressure.
Bulls winning over the Highlanders in a error ridden game and the Canes had a last minute win in their last match.
Am expecting the Bulls to keep to the new game plan and keep it tough up front.
Canes though will try and keep the errors down and win it in the back line...

Is that a typo Rassie, can or can't?

Pressure and the Canes I think at this stage of the Super 14 has not been explored... The loss of Tana, the loss of Smith... 2nd on the ladder... Bulls better watch their backline...

I`ve seen them playing Cheetahs, i`ve seen them playing Stormers and i`m looking forward to see them vs Bulls. I`m backing my opinions from what i`ve seen and i`m telling you, Bulls are definetely favorites in this game.

Second of all, pls keep in mind it`s their third game in SA and the psysical strengh is already gone! Bulls showed us quite a comfortable win vs Otago and i rate Otago being better than Canes

All fair there Rassie, just watch that backline though... the Bulls had better cream them in the forwards or you'll be watching the forwards and the backs... the Canes can win if they don't make the mistakes that they have made in previous games and they can win convincingly BUT if they play like they have in the past 2 then they are going to get hurt.
Energy levels vs taking to the Bok... hmmmm...

Bulls team is unchanged from last week;
Bulls: 15 Johan Roets, 14 Akona Ndungane, 13 JP Nel, 12 Wynand Olivier, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Derick Hougaard, 9 Fourie du Preez, 8 Jacques Cronjé, 7 Pedrie Wannenburg, 6 Pierre Spies, 5 Victor Matfield, 4 Bakkies Botha, 3 Andries Human, 2 Gary Botha, 1 Danie Thiart.
Replacements: 16 Adriaan Strauss, 17 Wessel Roux, 18 Danie Rossouw, 19 Tim Dlulane, 20 Heini Adams, 21 Morné Steyn, 22 Rudi Coetzee

Bulls needs a win and will achieve this goal! After that will come 4 games in Australasia and with 2-3 wins (one is almost guaranteed in Perth), they`ll be in the semis!

I repeat, a 5 point win now, this round is a must!

Will be an excellent game... But I can't watch it!!

'Tis a shame really. Although I am backing the Canes, I must say that the Bulls realistically should win this... Not comfortably by all means.

Lucky for me they are showing this on Skysports on Friday 17:10 (they don't show many S14 matches) I will leave work 16:50 to blitz home on my bike open my first beer, get some biltong, settle myself in and watch what I think is going to be the game of the S14!! :cheers:

I can't wait for this game, sent my brother on my Monday already to go and get tickets.

Head to Head:
Bulls: 1 - Danie Thiart, 2 - Gary Botha, 3 - Andries Human, 4 - Bakkies Botha, 5 - Victor Matfield (captain), 6 - Pierre Spies, 7 - Pedrie Wannenburg, 8 - Jacques Cronje, 9 - Fourie du Preez, 10 - Derick Hougaard, 11 - Bryan Habana, 12 - Wynand Olivier, 13 - J P Nel, 14 - Akona Ndungane, 15 - Johan Roets.

Reserves: 16 - Jan Adriaan Strauss, 17 - Wessel Roux, 18 - Danie Rossouw, 19 - Tim Dlulane, 20 - Heini Adams, 21 - Morne Steyn, 22 - Rudi Coetzee.

Hurricanes: 1 - John Schwalger, 2 - Andrew Hore, 3 - Neemia Tialata, 4 - Paul ***o, 5 - Jason Eaton, 6 - Jerry Collins, 7 - Chris Masoe, 8 - Rodney So’oialo (Captain), 9 - Piri Weepu, 10 - David Holwell, 11 - Hosea Gear, 12 - Tane Tu’ipulotu, 13 - Ma’a Nonu, 14 - Lome Fa’atau, 15 - Isaia Toeava.

Reserves: 16 - Luke Mahoney, 17 - Tim Fairbrother, 18 - Luke Andrews, 19- Thomas Waldrom, 20 - Brendan Haami, 21 - Jimmy Gopperth, 22 - Shannon Paku.
-----------------------------------------------------
Interesting match ups;
First of all the big boys up front, there's a lot of weight and experience on both sides, on paper though the Bulls have the edge.
Props... will be interesting for the Canes to try and combat the Bulls combination of Matfield and Botha, this area again goes to the Bulls (best of luck to the Canes though).
Loose Forwards: Collins, Masoe and So’oialo vs Spies, Wannenburg and Cronje. I'm going for the Canes on this one, the Canes loose forwards could be the dominant factor...
Half's: du Preez vs Weepu... going to be interesting... my vote based on recent form is for Weepu.
The Backline... this is where it will be interesting, the Canes have a fast passed backline and the Bulls have good defence... if the Canes can cut out the errors from the past couple of weeks there could be a lot of fireworks in this game.

Easily the game of Round 6.

Originally posted by Dumbo+Mar 18 2006, 06:03 AM-->
Final score: Canes 26 - Bulls 23 [/b]
Hey! Well that means I've been pretty close to predicting each score:

<!--QuoteBegin-from my latest tips in the S14 comp

Crusaders - Cats - Crusaders 47-10 (+13) - (The real score being 43-15)

Western Force v Waratahs - Waratahs 50-12 (+13) (The real score being 32-7)

Bulls v Hurricanes - Hurricanes 22-19 (-12) (The real score being 26-23)

They're all pretty close so far!

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 18 2006, 11:05 AM-->
Originally posted by Dumbo@Mar 18 2006, 06:03 AM
Final score: Canes 26 - Bulls 23
Hey! Well that means I've been pretty close to predicting each score:

<!--QuoteBegin-from my latest tips in the S14 comp

Crusaders - Cats - Crusaders 47-10 (+13) - (The real score being 43-15)

Western Force v Waratahs - Waratahs 50-12 (+13) (The real score being 32-7)

Bulls v Hurricanes - Hurricanes 22-19 (-12) (The real score being 26-23)

They're all pretty close so far! [/b]
I've been closer

Crusaders v Cats - Crusaders (47-10) +13
Waratahs v Force - Waratahs (31-11) +13
Bulls v Hurricanes - Hurricanes (22-12) -12[/b]

Looking like a good week so far. Glad I decided Hurricanes. Was tossing it off...... Uh....Up....

Oh boy the Bulls were robbed! George Ayoub you're a C-U-N-T! Linston Manuels the TMO you're an even bigger one! IDIOTS. :%#%#: :wall: :rahh: :ranting:

Originally posted by Bull@Mar 18 2006, 06:52 PM
Oh boy the Bulls were robbed! George Ayoub you're a C-U-N-T! Linston Manuels the TMO you're an even bigger one! IDIOTS. :%#%#: :wall: :rahh: :ranting:
No one deserves to have Ayoub Referee!! No one deserves to have a f***ing moron being the TMO!!! The better team did not win :rahh: :ranting:

Latest posts