• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 7 - Cheetahs v Reds

D

Dumbo

Reds (ranked 3rd to last) take on the Cheetahs (ranked 6th)... think that the Reds are going to get spanked in this one...

Cheetah's by 25+ . We all know the Red's only entered the S12/14 to try and beat the Waratah's, and now that game has passed them by they've got nothing left.

Yeah, but still, they showed us quality rugby vs Tahs and Crusaders! I hope for 5 points from this game but it will be tough!

Originally posted by Groen_en_Goud@Mar 20 2006, 07:06 PM
Come on Os Du Randt. Show the Reds their arses. Cheetahs by 15+
Have to take some of my words back about little Os, the last game he showed extremely good defensive skills (although he was helped by these silly little white buggars trying to run into him... strangest thing I've ever seen, serious.. two tackles he made last week he looked like Jabba the Hut falling over and crushing these little backs that looked like Princess Lea).

Come to think of it that may be the problem with South African rugby at the current stage... mind set.
Something like... the half back has past the ball to 10 who has passed the ball to me... I thought he was going to launch an ATTACK via a kick... oh ****, what do I do... I know I'll run into the fattest ******* on the field and try and knock him over... oh ****, it didn't work...

I'm serious about this, if SA keeps trying to play rugby like this then SA is going to get creamed come tri nations.

The only thing going for the red's on this one is that Aussies don't like losing to Jappies... that maybe enough motivation for them to win this one...

No chance, perhaps in the past you could do smth but now you are hapless. What is wrong with our skop/skiet/donner rugby? It`s our tradition, it`s the way we play the game. Our pack is invincible!

Easy win for Oranje and 5 point are in the bag!

Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 21 2006, 09:00 PM
5 point are in the bag!
You cant say 5 points are in the bag for any SA team

They just dont score many tries,They win games by kicking

just like last week= Cheetahs 1 TRY against the Stormers :huh: ,how are you gonna score 4 tries against the Reds if you can only get 1 against the pathetic Stormers.

First of all it`s the win, that`s what counts especially when we met WP - biggest rivalry in SA. Second of all, we had some players on the injury list so we needed to convert all our chances. Third of all, Meyer was in a perfect form and it was a pitty not to benefit of this.

Reds defence is very poor. In away game they sucked pretty bad ! The only couple of games which shoewd me some rugby were the first vs Tahs and the game vs Crusaders.

I agree, they produced some upsets in the past in SA but i can`t see them doing that now! Honestly, i`m expecting an easy win for Cheetahs and i hope for a bonus point too !

Originally posted by sanzar@Mar 20 2006, 07:11 PM
Cheetah's by 25+ . We all know the Red's only entered the S12/14 to try and beat the Waratah's, and now that game has passed them by they've got nothing left.
You make a retard look like Don Burke.

Originally posted by Wally+Mar 21 2006, 11:58 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Mar 20 2006, 07:11 PM
You make a retard look like Don Burke. [/b]
Am I wrong? John Eals HIMSELF said the reds judge the success of their season on the NSW game FFS! Seriously, qld only ever play well when they're playing NSW... they save all their energy for that game, and don't have anything left in the tank for the rest of the season when it's over!

Reds are in Tune with Ben

Tuesday March 21 2006

New look backline for Reds

Ben Tune's comeback has been made complete after being granted a starting position in the Reds team to play the Cheetahs in a Super 14 Round Seven match in Bloemfontein on Friday night.

Tune's inclusion at outside centre is just one of a number of changes in the backline that coach Jeff Miller has made to cover the retirement of Elton Flatley and Chris Latham's rib injury.

Julian Huxley's solid form has seen him take the No.12 jersey as Berrick Barnes returns from injury to play fly-half.

Drew Mitchell switches from wing to fullback and Henari Veratau comes back into the team on the wing.

Tune said he was mostly feeling relief since being given the news of his call up.

"There were a number of times towards the end of last year after I had some more surgery I didn't quite know whether or not I'd make it back on to the paddock so just to be running around again is a good feeling."

Latham's absence gives Mitchell an opportunity to play in his preferred position of fullback.

"First of all Chris Latham missing this match is a big blow for Queensland [Reds] rugby and I guess although I'm filling his position you can never really fill the role of a Chris Latham," Mitchell said.

"In saying that, I'm not going out to try to play his game. I just want to concentrate on playing my game and fullback's my preferred position so hopefully I can have a pretty positive impact on the match."

Mitchell regularly trains at fullback and doesn't feel any extra pressure on him ahead of this match.

"I'd hope that people wouldn't expect me to be able to play like a Chris Latham because, I mean let's be honest, the guy's a bit of a freak. He's got that ability to pull something from nothing in any time of the game."

The team are preparing in Durban and travels to Bloemfontein on Wednesday.

Reds: 15 Drew Mitchell, 14 Henari Veratau, 13 Ben Tune, 12 Julian Huxley, 11 Peter Hynes, 10 Berrick Barnes, 9 Sam Cordingley, 8 John Roe, 7 David Croft, 6 Mitchell Chapman, 5 James Horwill, 4 Mark Connors, 3 Rodney Blake, 2 Stephen Moore, 1 Greg Holmes.
Replacements: 16 Sean Hardman, 17 Anthony Mathison, 18 Cameron Treloar, 19 Tom McVerry, 20 Josh Valentine, 21 Lloyd Johansson, 22 Caleb Brown

link

If Meyer Bosman fires up like he did against us, then Vrystaat will smash the Reds.

We have to beat Reds if we want to keep our hopes for a semi intact. I think we`ll be able to do that and i`m expecting that damn bonus point for 4 tries! :bravo:

Head to Head:
Vodacom Cheetahs: 15 Bevin Fortuin, 14 Eddie Fredericks, 13 Ronnie Cooke, 12 Barry Goodes, 11 Gaffie du Toit, 10 Meyer Bosman, 9 Michael Claassens, 8 Ryno van der Merwe (captain), 7 Gareth Krause, 6 Kabamba Floors, 5 Barend Pieterse, 4 Corniel van Zyl, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Tiaan Liebenberg, 1 Os du Randt.
Replacements: 16 Ollie le Roux, 17 CJ van der Linde, 18 Ockie van Zyl, 19 Frans Viljoen, 20 Falie Oelschig, 21 Willem de Waal, 22 Sinethemba Zweni.

Reds: 15 Drew Mitchell, 14 Henari Veratau, 13 Ben Tune, 12 Julian Huxley, 11 Peter Hynes, 10 Berrick Barnes, 9 Sam Cordingley, 8 John Roe, 7 David Croft, 6 Mitchell Chapman, 5 James Horwill, 4 Mark Connors, 3 Rodney Blake, 2 Stephen Moore, 1 Greg Holmes.
Replacements: 16 Sean Hardman, 17 Anthony Mathison, 18 Cameron Treloar, 19 Tom McVerry, 20 Josh Valentine, 21 Lloyd Johansson, 22 Caleb Brown
--------------------------------
Think this one will be one by the Cheetahs...

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 22 2006, 01:10 AM-->
Originally posted by Wally@Mar 21 2006, 11:58 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Mar 20 2006, 07:11 PM

You make a retard look like Don Burke.
Am I wrong? John Eals HIMSELF said the reds judge the success of their season on the NSW game FFS! Seriously, qld only ever play well when they're playing NSW... they save all their energy for that game, and don't have anything left in the tank for the rest of the season when it's over! [/b]
That's bullshit. Queensland used to smash New South Wales all the time and still played well, especially prior to 2001.

Your Cheetahs are going down tonight Rassie, Ben Tune is gonna run havok on the Cheetahs defence :D

Yeah right....and they also found life on Mars.... :D Get real, you`ll see my beloved Cheetahs giving Reds quite a bashing tonite :bravo: :lol2tn:

Off to the stadium i go now, the thirst for rugby & beer is very well build (by the way is there any other magic combination than rugby+beer?) :D so i`ll be cheering my guts out for Cheetahs !

Kam an Oranje !

That was the most boring game ever. 10-6 geez the Reds deserve the spoon with this new found form.

Scores:
Cheetahs 10 (Barry Goodes try; Meyer Bosman con, pen)
Reds 6 (Julian Huxley 2 pen)

Latest posts