• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 8: Hurricanes v Crusaders

D

Dumbo

Match of Round 8.
Canes (ranked equal first â€" due to the Crusaders having a game up their sleeve) take on the Crusaders (currently 3rd on the ladder) in Wellington.
Should be a game well worth watching.

SOLD OUT

********, was going to go to the game and they told me it was sold out on thursday

me annoyed?

well YES

Hahahahaha.....kill those canes!!!!!

Remember last year in the final round robin........40-20 Crusaders.......then the next week in the semi the Crusaders made sure they did a better job.......47-7.

Yep GG ,Crusaders will expose the Canes as finalist pretenders,just like last year

Originally posted by Dumbo@Mar 27 2006, 06:22 PM
Me think's this won't be a one sided game... not at all
Me thinks you think correctly.....

In fact......anything could happen here for this game......

I just want the Canes to lose cos lots of people support them simply because they are brown.........and give the Crusaders crap cos they represent white NZ......but the Crusaders are the team that put RESPECT into NZ provincial rugby....irrespective if they look like farm boys with no sense of style.

SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!!
sorry.. but i'm just nervous....
Crusaders MUST win....
canes will get whipped!!!

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Mar 27 2006, 06:45 PM
Me thinks you think correctly.....

In fact......anything could happen here for this game......

I just want the Canes to lose cos lots of people support them simply because they are brown.........and give the Crusaders crap cos they represent white NZ......but the Crusaders are the team that put RESPECT into NZ provincial rugby....irrespective if they look like farm boys with no sense of style.
Very impressed with that GG, lot of Kiwi's miss the point on just how good the white boys are... yin and yang brother, yin and yang.
Normally the rights to the BIG games in NZ come down to the Auckland and Canterbury, full honours to the Canes for taking that mantle away from the Blues... the southern farm boys though... they have always been there (and full credit to them).

Looking forward to seeing who's playing on the day... there's some really good match ups...

Well, last season Crusaders beat Canes in the final week of the regular season securing a home semis vs...Hurricanes, another smashing ! Pay back time? Perhaps!

To early to tell Rassie, history is one thing... who's playing on the day is where it's at for this game.

Also got to remember the crusaders are coming off a bye, so it will be a tough game for them. IMO not many teams come off a bye and do well, the crusaders did it last year though, cant remember who they played, but it will be a great game nonetheless, just wish it wasnt bloody sold out :(

intresting game this will be
hurricanes look very dangerous outwide..if they are playin on a dry track then this game will be a cracker
the crusaders havent played their best rugby yet...meybe this weekend...
i reckon crusaders will win because of dan carter and richie mccaw

Teams:
Hurricanes: 15. Isaia Toeava, 14. Lome Fa'atau, 13. Ma'a Nonu, 12. Tane Tuipulotu, 11. Shannon Paku, 10. Jimmy Gopperth, 9. Piri Weepu/Brendan Haami, 8. Rodney So'oialo (capt), 7. Chris Masoe, 6. Jerry Collins, 5. Jason Eaton, 4. Paul ***o, 3. Neemia Tialata, 2. Andrew Hore, 1. John Schwalger. Res: 16. Luke Mahoney, 17. Joe McDonnell, 18. Luke Andrews, 19. Thomas Waldrom, 20. Brendan Haami/Danny Lee, 21. David Holwell, 22. Tamati Ellison.

Crusaders: 15. Leon MacDonald, 14. Rico Gear, 13. Caleb Ralph, 12. Aaron Mauger, 11. Scott Hamilton, 10. Dan Carter, 9. Andrew Ellis, 8. Mose Tuiali'i, 7. Richard McCaw, 6. Reuben Thorne, 5. Ross Filipo, 4. Chris Jack, 3. Campbell Johnstone, 2. Corey Flynn, 1. Greg Somerville. Res: 16. Tone Kopelani, 17. Wyatt Crockett, 18. Brad Mika, 19. Johnny Leo'o, 20. Kevin Senio, 21. Cameron McIntyre, 22. Casey Laulala

Well for mine, thats the best head to head i've seen thus far.
Have no idea who's gonna' take this out...

Head to Head:
Hurricanes: 15 Isaia Toeava, 14 Lome Fa'atau, 13 Ma'a Nonu, 12 Tane Tu'ipulotu, 11 Shannon Paku, 10 Jimmy Gopperth, 9 Piri Weepu/Brendan Haami, 8 Rodney So'oialo (captain), 7 Chris Masoe, 6 Jerry Collins, 5 Jason Eaton, 4 Paul ***o, 3 Neemia Tialata, 2 Andrew Hore, 1 John Schwalger.
Replacements: 16 Luke Mahoney, 17 Joe McDonnell, 18 Luke Andrews, 19 Thomas Waldrom, 20 Brendan Haami/Danny Lee, 21 David Holwell, 22 Tamati Ellison

Crusaders: 15 Leon MacDonald, 14 Rico Gear, 13 Caleb Ralph, 12 Aaron Mauger, 11 Scott Hamilton, 10 Daniel Carter, 9 Andrew Ellis, 8 Mose Tuiali'i, 7 Richard McCaw (captain), 6 Reuben Thorne, 5 Ross Filipo, 4 Chris Jack, 3 Campbell Johnstone, 2 Corey Flynn, 1 Greg Somerville.
Replacements: 16 Tone Kopelani, 17 Wyatt Crockett, 18 Brad Mika, 19 Johnny Leo'o, 20 Kevin Senio, 21 Cameron McIntyre, 22 Casey Laulala
------------------------------
Wahoooo, gonna be a hell of a game

Hmm im picking the Canes for this one...both teams are awesome but yeh i just have a feeling the Canes shall win B)

Wonder if Piri will be playing.....to be honest, i dont think he will....i wouldnt risk it.

Im glad Tana is back training...he is muchly cool. I wouldnt put him in the team for another couple of games, just to make sure he is 100% :)

GO THE CANES :bleh!:

Originally posted by woosaah@Mar 27 2006, 01:05 PM
SOLD OUT

********, was going to go to the game and they told me it was sold out on thursday

me annoyed?

well YES
You would have been disappointed anyway.

See my prediction in the Super 14 contest.

Theres a reason why I'm winning the competition.

Latest posts