• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 8. Sharks v Brumbies

D

Dumbo

The Sharks take on the Brumbies in Durban (have the sharks played anywhere else this season?).
Full credit to the Sharks for an amazing winning streak and this week they play the stumbling Brumbies without inspirational Skipper Stirling Mortlock (broken bones in his hand).

Think this will be another one for the Sharks who are looking like they deservedly belong at the top of the ladder.

The Sharks should win this one on a canter, simply because the Brumbies need to hold on to possession, and get their much-famed phase-play going, in order to weave their magic with running lines, decoy runners etc. Against the Sharks pack, which has been massive this season, and who seem to be getting better with every game, it might just be a bridge too far. The Sharks fatties, with BJ Botha leading from the front, have been the class act of the tight 5`s to date, and there`s not too much in the Brumbies tight 5 to challenge for set-phase supremacy, without which you just can`t get the phase-play going.

Also, missing the inspirational Mortlock will be a huge loss to overcome. Whoever has to step into his shoes, will be on a hiding to nothing. Legends are not easily replaced, and Mortlock`s certainly one of those IMO. Now I have to find a Fantasy League replacement for him- I can honestly sympathise with Laurie Fisher!

The Brumbies are nothing without Mortlock. He's like 85% of the team strength (is that even possible <_< )

Anyway, the Sharks are on a roll and it would take a gigantic effort from the Bumblies to stop them.

Sharks by 13.

Hopefully Faingaa gets a go, at 12 or 13 will do me. Wouldn't mind trying out that Victorian 10 we have either.

Hopefully Faingaa gets a go, at 12 or 13 will do me. Wouldn't mind trying out that Victorian 10 we have either.
[/b]

Would be nice but i doubt it'll happen, not with the way AAC and Fairbanks are playing atm.

backline will probably be....

9.Gregan
10.Huxley
11.Rathbone
12.Fairbanks
13.AAC
14.Fainifo
15.Gerrard

A.Faingaa will probably get a spot on the bench but i doubt we'll see Lealiifano any time soon.

Well AAC would have stayed at fullback with A.Faingaa at 12 but not to be.

Adam Ashley-Cooper, Clyde Rathbone, Peter Playford, Julian Huxley, Mark Gerrard, Stephen Larkham, George Gregan, Stephen Hoiles, George Smith, Jone Tawake, Mark Chisholm, Adam Wallace-Harrison, Guy Shepherdson, Jeremy Paul, Nic Henderson. Reserves: Saia Faingaa, Salesi Ma'afu, Richard Stanford, Julian Salvi, Patrick Phibbs, Anthony Faingaa, Francis Fainifo.

Larkham is straight into the starting lineup after coming back from injury... :huh:

Butch James will send him straight back to the hospital.

I tipped the sharks reverse psychology. :D I dont give the brumbies much of chance but stranger things have happened. :)

Huxley kicks his 2nd penalty. 18-0 now. Didn't see this coming with the Brumbies' recent record in Durban.

Halftime in Durban with the Sharks struggling.
Brumbies 18 (Adam Wallace-Harrison, Julian Huxley tries; Huxley conversion, 2 penalties) Sharks 0

I tipped the sharks reverse psychology. :D I dont give the brumbies much of chance but stranger things have happened. :)
[/b]
Seems like your logic is working :eek:

^ yes

f*** we might actually win. :eek:

CMON THE BRUMBIES! :D
[/b]
Well an 18-0 lead is very hard to come back from and I don't know of South African sides are really reknowned for their ability to come back from heavy defecits. 18-3 after Pienaar kicks a penalty.

The brumbies are home methinks. :)
[/b]
Should be. Man, this is a good thing for Australian Rugby. The Australian Super 14 teams have to be doing well and they have been so poor as of late, but with the Brumbies getting a win in Durban and pushing for a finals spot, it could really brighten things up. Oh yes and Bernie is playing too :p Have to have him doing well.

21-10 win to the brumbies iam quite happy with that.

Well done brumbies. :bravo:

Hey we finally won a game and in SA :) Attack was very good and the defence was top notch to keep the Sharks out for 10 minutes late in the game.

Latest posts