• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 9: W Force v Sharks

D

Dumbo

Match of the Round.
The Sharks after being beaten easily by the Brumbies last week finally leave South Africa and take on the Western Force at home.
Great opportunity for the Force to beat the Sharks in this one.

The Sharks leave their 'home' and are on the road to test whether they're really capable of being South Africa's first chance at claiming the ***le.

The Force are back after a week spent fishing, sun-tanning and partying.

They're ready for the match and will leave Subiaco with a well deserved victory.

Force by 10.

Force need to win this one if they stand any chance of making the semis, cos' they'll be facing the Blues and Crusaders next up, and thats going to be more tough than the Sharks, even tho the Sharks just suffered their first loss last week..

Tough game to pick, but I'm going with the Sharks in a tight one

sharks will do it

tons of support in perth anyway - it wont be an proper 'away' game...

Isn`t Perth the official holder of SA`s sixth franchise anyway?

Seriously though, this`ll definately be the match of the round. SA`s best team this season, by a country mile, versus the top Aus team this season, by a country mile. Both will need a win in order to solidify top 4 and thus semi-final contention. The Force are coming off of a nice bye, while the Sharks will have been stung by their loss to the Brumbies.

Reckon it could be a close one, but I`ll tip the Sharks by a few.

Head to Head:

WESTERN FORCE: 15 Drew Mitchell, 14 Digby Ioane, 13 Ryan Cross, 12 Matt Giteau, 11 Cameron Shepherd, 10 James Hilgendorf, 9 Matt Henjak; 8 Scott Fava, 7 Matt Hodgson, 6 Richard Brown, 5 Nathan Sharpe ©, 4 Rudi Vedelago, 3 Troy Takiari, 2 Tai McIsaac, 1 Gareth Hardy. Reserves: 16 Brendan Cannon, 17 Angus Scott, 18 Luke Doherty, 19 David Pocock, 20 Chris O'Young, 21 Junior Pelesasa, 22 Haig Sare.

SHARKS: 15 Francois Steyn, 14 Odwa Ndungane, 13 Waylon Murray, 12 Bradley Barritt, 11 JP Pietersen, 10 Butch James, 9 Ruan Pienaar; 8 Jacques Botes, 7 AJ Venter, 6 Warren Britz, 5 Johann Muller, 4 Johan Ackermann, 3 BJ Botha, 2 John Smit ©, 1 Deon Carstens. Reserves: 16 Bismarck Wilhelm du Plessis, 17 Tendai Mtawarira, 18 Albert van den Berg, 19 Bob Skinstad, 20 Keegan Daniel, 21 Rory Kockott, 22 Adrian Jacobs.

Tendai Mtawarira.

I heard the commentators calling him the 'Beast'....... why?

Matt Henjak is playing so I think I'll go for the Sharks just winning by a penalty or something.

He is 110kg and 187cm, and is a Zimbabwean born loosehead prop who only played a handful of games for the Wildebeest in the Vodacom Cup and before that only age grade rugby. He really isn't that big compared to other super14 players...maybe he is big compared to his Zimbabwean people?

Here is a very good link on planet-rugby about him.

[url="http://www.planet-rugby.com/Story/0,18259,3551_2003283,00.html"]http://www.planet-rugby.com/Story/0,18259,...2003283,00.html
[/url]
[/b]

Geez only 110 kg.

Someone like Chris Kerisiano would be a beast....and he's a centre FFS.

Tendai Mtawarira is only your average sized prop.

He's not really a beast from what I've seen, I remember him getting owned in the scrums.. I think it was against the Crusaders, not sure

He looks like a lightweight compared to the top 5 Sth. African props.
Sth. Africans have more props who should be called beasts :eek:

Geez only 110 kg.

[/b]

It's more to do with his build rather than his weight, there's not much fat on him.

Anywayz, more importantly, the Force are gonna tear the Sharks a new arsehole tonight and i shall be there to see it.

C'MON FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fulltime at Subiaco Oval.

Force 22 (Cameron Shepherd try; Matt Giteau 5 penalties, conversion)

Sharks 12 (Ruan Pienaar 3 penalties, Francois Steyn drop goal)

good win for the force.. cos they've got it tough against the blues and crusaders later on :D

need all the wins they can get to make the semis

Yeah for sure! The real test will be against the crusaders and blues. We'll know then how well theyll fair in the finals if they qualify.

Latest posts