• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Roundabouts and other driving pet peeves

i call out to cyclists who run red lights when I am out biking. But they don't listen either and know it as well. But to be fair if they get hit then the consequences are more severe for them unlike a driver using their mobile whilst driving. So that is on them.

Mike will get a share of the advertising revenue fro YouTube which will contribute to the costs of camera equipment. He does this in his own time when he's not working. He says wears a third hidden camera which streams to his home server in case he gets assaulted. He knows the risks he is taking.

Who has right of way in this situation? Give way triangle on the cycle lane, but apparently cyclist had started crossing before the car got to the mini roundabout junction but driver clearly looking right to give way to traffic.

in that situation I would slow down and stop before the junction. Pointless trusting the driver and just another example of badly thought out infrastructure that just creates conflict.

Who has right of way in this situation? Give way triangle on the cycle lane, but apparently cyclist had started crossing before the car got to the mini roundabout junction but driver clearly looking right to give way to traffic.

in that situation I would slow down and stop before the junction. Pointless trusting the driver and just another example of badly thought out infrastructure that just creates conflict.

I subscribe to a simple theory. Assume other people are don't know how to drive and don't pick a fight with someone bigger. Even if the bike technically had the right of way, it's stupid to pick a fight with a car.

There's also a hierarchy of road users now and the cyclist is in a more vulnerable position, so duty of care is now on the driver to take care of more vulnerable road user crossing below
Them ie if he did get there then she should have seen him and taken care of him.

I suspect the council need to scrub over the give way, which is an old sign on the cycle lane but like most councils haven't got around to it.

End of the day in this case the cyclist got up looks like unscathed but more an insurance issue if either the car or bike were damaged.

There's also a hierarchy of road users now and the cyclist is in a more vulnerable position, so duty of care is now on the driver to take care of more vulnerable road user crossing below
Drivers having a duty of care does not absolve more vulnerable road users from acting defensively.

As I've said before, having right of way does not make you harder than a car.

Drivers having a duty of care does not absolve more vulnerable road users from acting defensively.

As I've said before, having right of way does not make you harder than a car.
Absolutely, as I have said, I would have slowed down if I was in that position as a cyclist and scanned to my right before crossing. But in this case this cyclist obviously didn't. it's a bad junction and one where the mini roundabout give way for the car should be set a little further back , to allow drivers a view of pedestrians and cyclist from their left.

You guys realise there is a game on right? You're missing some high quality entertainment.

Anyone else noticing that drink driving seems to be going through the roof at the moment? I know it's always been a thing but it now seems like it's become the norm for people to sink quite a few pints at the pub and drive home after.

Curious whether it seems to be so prevalent elsewhere or whether it's just very common down here because all the country roads tend to be pretty empty late at night so it gives people some false sense of security.

Scares the **** out of me to be honest.

Anyone else noticing that drink driving seems to be going through the roof at the moment?
Can't say I have around where I live. Although I don't really go to the pub nowadays so haven't seen peeps neck them down and get in their car. Probably down to lack of police on the roads stopping and breathalysing drivers, especially around country roads.

"……suffering of owners whose only fault was to buy an obese status symbol coveted by many hard-working criminals, as well as by Prince Andrew." 🤣
I think they clearly missed the point of the average start price of EV's being around 30k. It poorer areas owning an EV is a status symbol. You can get a decent Land Rover used for 20k. I know which one's better to use in North Wales.

I think they clearly missed the point of the average start price of EV's being around 30k. It poorer areas owning an EV is a status symbol. You can get a decent Land Rover used for 20k. I know which one's better to use in North Wales.
And I think you missed the point that they take up huge amounts of room unnecessarily on our roads whilst being highly polluting, especially in the urban environment, whilst also being status symbols, and because they are heavy contribute to wearing out the roads faster. There's a reason they call them Chelsea tractors in London.

What is the Royal family being brand ambassadors for them? Especially Charles being so pro climate.

The only way to reduce them on our roads is to price them off them. How much does annual VED cost? To go with insurance and filling up one of those gas guzzlers out in North Wales?

Also more likely to get nicked, even off of peeps' driveways and shipped abroad.

I think we've already covered the downsides of EVs on the tech thread.

Latest posts