• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RTÉ Sports Awards

A

An Tarbh

Not surprisingly Harrington wins sports person of the year but as far as I'm concerned it's an absolute f***ing joke that Munster were given team of the year, this is nothing to do with a begrudging Leinster fan bemoaning his own province's shortcomings, the fact is that the achievement of the Kilkenny hurlers this particular year eclipsed Munster's achievements. Winning a 3 in a row, something that hasn't been done by any county for 30 years deserves recognition, not to mention the manner in which they won, whereas Munster merely won a tournament again. It's a joke.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 21 2008, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not surprisingly Harrington wins sports person of the year but as far as I'm concerned it's an absolute f***ing joke that Munster were given team of the year, this is nothing to do with a begrudging Leinster fan bemoaning his own province's shortcomings, the fact is that the achievement of the Kilkenny hurlers this particular year eclipsed Munster's achievements. Winning a 3 in a row, something that hasn't been done by any county for 30 years deserves recognition, not to mention the manner in which they won, whereas Munster merely won a tournament again. It's a joke.[/b]

I wouldn't say they "merely won a tournament again", it really understates their achievment.

But to be affair I agree with you that Kilkenny do deserve the ***le, such devotion adn talent from players playing an amateur sports if more deserving and they are an amazingly talented team. I'm expecting four in a row.

Kilkenny? They merely won a tournament again this year, what makes them so special?

No I agree with you that Kilkenny probably deserved it but not with your ridiculous exaggerations. Munster winning is a far from a joke, and the whole Merely won a tournament thing :lol: If it's that easy how come Leinster haven't won it?? You say not you are not being a begrudging Leinster fan but that is exactly what you sound like saying things like that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 21 2008, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Kilkenny? They merely won a tournament again this year, what makes them so special?

No I agree with you that Kilkenny probably deserved it but not with your ridiculous exaggerations. Munster winning is a far from a joke, and the whole Merely won a tournament thing :lol: If it's that easy how come Leinster haven't won it?? You say not you are not being a begrudging Leinster fan but that is exactly what you sound like saying things like that.[/b]

So that someone like you wouldn't take the easy way out and say that's what I'm doing.

Latest posts