RTÉ Sports Awards

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by An Tarbh, Dec 21, 2008.

1. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Not surprisingly Harrington wins sports person of the year but as far as I'm concerned it's an absolute f***ing joke that Munster were given team of the year, this is nothing to do with a begrudging Leinster fan bemoaning his own province's shortcomings, the fact is that the achievement of the Kilkenny hurlers this particular year eclipsed Munster's achievements. Winning a 3 in a row, something that hasn't been done by any county for 30 years deserves recognition, not to mention the manner in which they won, whereas Munster merely won a tournament again. It's a joke.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. monkeypigeon

monkeypigeon Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 21 2008, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I wouldn't say they "merely won a tournament again", it really understates their achievment.

But to be affair I agree with you that Kilkenny do deserve the title, such devotion adn talent from players playing an amateur sports if more deserving and they are an amazingly talented team. I'm expecting four in a row.

4. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

Kilkenny? They merely won a tournament again this year, what makes them so special?

No I agree with you that Kilkenny probably deserved it but not with your ridiculous exaggerations. Munster winning is a far from a joke, and the whole Merely won a tournament thing :lol: If it's that easy how come Leinster haven't won it?? You say not you are not being a begrudging Leinster fan but that is exactly what you sound like saying things like that.

5. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 21 2008, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    So that someone like you wouldn't take the easy way out and say that's what I'm doing.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!