• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Countries that underachieve vs countries that overachieve in sports relative to their size

Using that logic I look forward to shutting down any remark you make about another nation. My sources were also data raised in the countries in question. Kiwiwomble was also referencing UK weather yet you do not challenge that. You also provide no data to contribute to the discussion, but thanks for your pithy contrubution, :p
...thats because i said i have actually spent several years loving in the UK on three separate occasions and go there regularly as my family are mostly all there....my username comes from AFC Wimbledon who ive supported since 87

I think despite the mess the leagues are in, the UK does well in ice hockey. We're usually just in or out the top tier in the nationals.

Underachiever I would mention is India. But watch out as they are now entrenched nationalists and are funding things like sprinting to a very high standard and had a decent lass at tennis. Basically, they are now shifting the notion that south Asians can't be as naturally athletic as anyone else and by removing that mental block and seemingly combining it with funds and about 1/6th of the world's population I expect them to say hello to global sport in the next 20 years. Plus, masters of kabbadi!

Kabbadi, now that was niche Channel 4!

The Indians are already coming in track and field with World and Olympic javelin champion Neeraj Chopra leading the charge. In that event in the Budapest World Champs they were 1st, 5th and 6th with the silver medal going to a Pakistani.

Times are changing and all the more interesting for it.

Kabbadi, now that was niche Channel 4!

The Indians are already coming in track and field with World and Olympic javelin champion Neeraj Chopra leading the charge. In that event in the Budapest World Champs they were 1st, 5th and 6th with the silver medal going to a Pakistani.

Times are changing and all the more interesting for it.
All the same, aside from cricket itself, how well do you see India and its neighbours doing in team sports over the coming years?

Latest posts