• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 07 = Online?

Sorry very little is known as yet about Rugby 07, although someone (sorry I cant remember who) has a friend who is an EA game designer and they have confirmed that there will definately be a Rugby 07.

I just hope that Cricket 07 (the cricket/rugby games are made by the same people) is no guideline. All they did for the cricket was to buy an Ashes licence and basically ship the same game again with no online play.
We are unlikely to know until January anyway, various speculation seems to expect a March release date as before.

I doubt that there will be any on-line play for the next installation of EA's Rugby.

I fear that they are going to just churn out a very similar looking game to '06 with some superficial changes. From EA's point of view why spend loads of money developing a game when you know that no matter how bad it is because of the world cup it will sell big.

I hope that I am wrong but...

someone (sorry I cant remember who) has a friend who is an EA game designer and they have confirmed that there will definately be a Rugby 07.
[/b]

(rubs hands together in anticipation)

I doubt that there will be any on-line play for the next installation of EA's Rugby.

I fear that they are going to just churn out a very similar looking game to '06 with some superficial changes. From EA's point of view why spend loads of money developing a game when you know that no matter how bad it is because of the world cup it will sell big.

I hope that I am wrong but...
[/b]

I tend to agree... Rugby 06 was a solid game, so they know that they only need to do roster updates and minor improvements untill they start producing it for the next gen consoles.

where is locksey, WE NEED SOME INFO

we all know he has info he just doesnt want to spread the word

found this on hb site...

'Cricket'07 is complete and our work on Madden'07 Wii is done so the crew are starting two new projects alongside those currently in development.'

probably means they are starting rugby 07 now...so i guess it will be released around rwc time.

found this on hb site...

'Cricket'07 is complete and our work on Madden'07 Wii is done so the crew are starting two new projects alongside those currently in development.'

probably means they are starting rugby 07 now...so i guess it will be released around rwc time.
[/b]

Locksley is out of commission. His source of info has had no word whatsover on Rugby 07 <_<

Latest posts