• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 crash at startup

MarianoRyu

Academy Player
I am yet another user trying to run Rugby 08 (Windows 11 in my case), and the game either crashes on startup or won't go past the initial loading screen. I've tried compatibility modes and the .exe file from another thread in this forum, but unfortunately no luck. Is there anything else that can be done to get this running?

I will greatly appreciate any help!

I am sitting with exactly the same issue.
On my windows 11 laptop it runs no issues.
On my ROG Ally which also runs Windows 11 it just kicks me back to the desktop.

It must be some windows settings as the exact same files work on my windows 11 laptop.

Im clueless

Hi Everyone
Also ran through this issue in the past, brought it up here and the mates helped sharing various .exe but it never really helped.
Also tried different version of the games, iso download, rar download from different sources, nothing.
Did clean install with and without Antivirus on, meh.
Added the folder, the files, separetely and as a batch as exceptions to the antivirus and firewall, no no no.

I started thinking it was the video resolution/codec in the intro that was messing up, or the native resolution of the game, but it's really hard to understand what is actually the reason, it's so random, sometimes it would launch for 3 days in a row and then I would be struggling the week after.

A shame because it's a great game. As a compensation, I've installed PCSX2 and Rugby 08, PS2 version and it works like a charm. Impossible to update or add custom rosters but still nice to be able to play that game at times....

Hi Everyone
Also ran through this issue in the past, brought it up here and the mates helped sharing various .exe but it never really helped.
Also tried different version of the games, iso download, rar download from different sources, nothing.
Did clean install with and without Antivirus on, meh.
Added the folder, the files, separetely and as a batch as exceptions to the antivirus and firewall, no no no.

I started thinking it was the video resolution/codec in the intro that was messing up, or the native resolution of the game, but it's really hard to understand what is actually the reason, it's so random, sometimes it would launch for 3 days in a row and then I would be struggling the week after.

A shame because it's a great game. As a compensation, I've installed PCSX2 and Rugby 08, PS2 version and it works like a charm. Impossible to update or add custom rosters but still nice to be able to play that game at times....
Yeah thats my solution as well now.
Im just using a Emulator

Latest posts