• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Customisation

whnoble

Academy Player
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Reds
I was wondering if it was possible for me to modify rugby 08 so I will essentially have made my own team. If this is possible is somebody able to tell me how and I am willing to take as much time as possible.

I was thinking if I could change a team like say Russia and edit there name, jersey and players and ratings.

That's fairly easy. All you need is the be29.xml file (you remove the comment 'string id' and whatever is typed after that will appear as text. For the graphics, use rugbygob.xls which is an excel file which lists all the files the game uses. They are listed into types, such as kits, minikits, logos etc. You just need to extract those filenames from data.gob (which is in the games main directory, and you use a program called 'bigGUI' to import and extract. For nearly all the team specific graphics/artwork, you need a program called 'FSHed'.

Basically, you make your kit, and graphic images in photohop, and import them into the files, and then put those patched files into the main directory, and you have a 'patch'.

I have a question on making new teams is there an updated list of rugbygob.xls with the world all stars and other teams that havnt been made?

guys im new to the game, and im Portuguese, so when i was trying to create players, i discovered that there isnt portugal when youre choosing the nationality of the player.
Is this a problem of my game or is it on all games ?

hardcore it is impossible to create a portuguese player in an unmodded version of the game, but i would too like to know if that is changeable.
By the way, do you play for anyteam?

Latest posts