• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

rugby 08 should be in widescreen right?

Dispatches

Academy Player
Hi all.

I recently bought a new laptop. have the res set at 1366x768.

I reinstalled rugby 08 and the TRF10 mod and found that the menu's were widescreen ish and the game seemed to play in 4:3. I swear on my old laptop it played in widecreen. From the ingame display settings the max resolution it will let me set is 1024x768!

The strange thing is that if I plug my laptop into my HDTV I can select higher resolutions ingame and it always plays in widescreen. Obvs my TV could be stretching the image but it looks correct on the TV and squashed on the laptop, steve thompson's never looked so thin :)

Any ideas?

Cheers

Dispatches

Hi all.

I reinstalled rugby 08 and the TRF10 mod and found that the menu's were widescreen ish and the game seemed to play in 4:3. I swear on my old laptop it played in widecreen. From the ingame display settings the max resolution it will let me set is 1024x768!

The strange thing is that if I plug my laptop into my HDTV I can select higher resolutions ingame and it always plays in widescreen. Obvs my TV could be stretching the image but it looks correct on the TV and squashed on the laptop, steve thompson's never looked so thin :)

Any ideas?

Cheers

Dispatches

Check here:Custom screen resolution for Rugby 08

I have the same problem,

Also with my old laptop I played wide screen too...still finding a solution

help!

Again, anyone who has done this successfully... please post what strings to edit.

If your laptop has a intel hd graphics card + geforce in other words a hybrid
then just right click on the desktop , go to graphic options,panel fit and select 'maintain Aspect Ratio" this should fix it ,,, at the moment yours is on 'scale full screen.

Latest posts