• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

rugby 08 tackling?!

S

stooy

hi there,

im waiting for rugby 08 to come out friday, just wondering for you guys who have it already, are the tackles any better/bigger, or are they just the same as rugby 06?!

hi there,

im waiting for rugby 08 to come out friday, just wondering for you guys who have it already, are the tackles any better/bigger, or are they just the same as rugby 06?!
[/b]

There are some new ones thrown in there. A lot of tackles where the ball carrier is lifted off the ground and slammed down onto his shoulder.

Also, if you tackle early or late, 99.9% of the time you're called for a penalty for a dangerous tackle.

like dump/spear tackling yeah?

thats good about the dangerous penalties, my mates always tackle me off the ball on rugby 06, and never get pinged!

Yep it's good on the tackles, in '06 I'd take out the wrong player or hit him late and get away with it. Tackles, wasn't the dump in '06? The tackling feels smoother and more solid on pc '08 than xbox '06, I don't know whether it's an improvement in '08 or whether it's always been like this on pc. The dive tackles seem to cover less ground? Dive tackling into a player running at you also feels more realistic, but again it might just be because I'm used to the xbox.

One of the best things in rugby 06 is when you launch an up and under and then dive tackle the poor poor receiver into the dirt. Always ends up as a knock-on too.

Is the tackling more realistic though? I remember in Rugby 05 every second tackle was a dump tackle. If that happened in real life that would be awesome though.

From what I remember dump tackles are usually only when the ball carrier is tackled while standing still, and it's no different in '08. Ie it doesn't happen that often, at least not in '08.

From what I remember dump tackles are usually only when the ball carrier is tackled while standing still, and it's no different in '08. Ie it doesn't happen that often, at least not in '08. [/b]

Oh thats good that they haven't taken a step back in the tackling area. In 05 you'd see tons of dump tacklesit's good to know they've sticked to Rugby 06 tackles.

tackling is good.. There are some big hits.. The only annoying thing about the tackling thing is that i am doing a lot of tackling the man in the air off kick offs...

I am also still in 06 mode, and tackling the first receiver without the ball a lot..

But my verdict is Tackling = :cheers:

Latest posts