• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Team Editing

DrIrvine86

Academy Player
Hello everyone. Firstly, what an amazing community on here. I stumbled across a Bears Gamer video on YouTube and have been obsessed with the work TRF folk have been doing to Rugby 08 ever since.

Loving all the patches & Woosaah's editor to personalise the game.

My question is could anyone shed some light on how to edit a team name?

I'm definitely interested in further mods, changing team badge, kits etc but feeling like one move at a time. Found a 2010 thread discussing BigGUI and using the 08 xml file but I feel like that is quite out of date and couldn't locate the file. Thanks for any help & keep up the great work.

Thanks for this.
Still not 100% obvious how to change the team name via this spread sheet but I can now edit players faces via woosaah editor which is great.

The team names, as with most UI text, are in dc371d84ed78d4cf88a641a8d8abc38a.english which can be edited with any text editor.

The team names, as with most UI text, are in dc371d84ed78d4cf88a641a8d8abc38a.english which can be edited with any text editor.
Thanks. I opened it with word, changed Sale to another name as a tester, went back into the game and there were a bunch of "Missing String" plus a number for sale and other teams.

I think this stuff has become second nature to you hardcore modders. It's quite a minefield for us newcomers 😄

Use the be2.....xml file (notepad), remove the string ID number in the quatation marks"", change the name where it says team name and save, make sure no 2 teams has the same name

Latest posts