• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2004 - one year on

Originally posted by sanzar+Sep 6 2004, 07:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Sep 6 2004, 07:33 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Sep 6 2004, 04:56 PM
The commentry in Rugby 04 was superior to Rugby Leagues in some aspects
yeah clearly....
<
"Larkham.............. to... SAILOR!!! ....... SAILOR is... making a break" "and HE'S OVER!!! ooooh and he's tackled short of the line". [/b]
What I meant was the stats side of it.

In Rugby 2004 the commentators will read out the Kickers Goal Kicking Stats while there taking shots at goal, something they never do in SJRL.

They also CORRECTLY say how much tries a player has scored in that game, as well as saying how much tries they have scored, something they dont do in SJRL.

Another thing is that during the game he will read out the score, not sure if they do that in SJRL or not, if so its more noticeable in Rugby 2004

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
(kaftka:. Posted on Sep 7 2004, 08:27 PM )
  Don't blame ea jinxed.
They're just the suits.
Its the bloody HB studios that f**ked up this one.

In fact EAsports did more right than wrong [/b]

Yeah your right Kaftka, I didnt mean to dis them. I wish that rugby was much more popular in Americer then i bet we would have a first class rugby game from EA!

Originally posted by jinxed_nz@Sep 7 2004, 08:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
  Don't blame ea jinxed.
They're just the suits.

In fact EAsports did more right than wrong 

Yeah your right Kaftka, I didnt mean to dis them. I wish that rugby was much more popular in Americer then i bet we would have a first class rugby game from EA! [/b][/quote]
Rugby 2004 was made in Canada actually.
...but thats just finding dirty toothpicks. (sorry, I couldn't think of the right cliche, so I made one up
<
)

Dont worry guys, EA know they produced a pile of trash in Rugby 2004 - as much as you want to make something ugly look beautiful you just cant!
They promised alot with their next Rugby game and from early indications they got the message to watch a few damn rugby games to get a feel for rugby. Whats worse than Poms? Canadian based poms who make rugby games.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Sep 7 2004, 09:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Sep 7 2004, 09:01 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jinxed_nz
@Sep 7 2004, 08:33 PM
  Don't blame ea jinxed.
They're just the suits.

Yeah your right Kaftka, I didnt mean to dis them. I wish that rugby was much more popular in Americer then i bet we would have a first class rugby game from EA! [/b]
Rugby 2004 was made in Canada actually. [/b][/quote]
Queensland actually.

Originally posted by Wally+Sep 13 2004, 01:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Sep 13 2004, 01:13 AM)</div>
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 7 2004, 09:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jinxed_nz
  Don't blame ea jinxed.
They're just the suits.

Yeah your right Kaftka, I didnt mean to dis them. I wish that rugby was much more popular in Americer then i bet we would have a first class rugby game from EA!
Rugby 2004 was made in Canada actually. [/b]
Queensland actually. [/b][/quote]
I wonder why they hid that from the start?

Originally posted by Wally+Sep 13 2004, 01:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Sep 13 2004, 01:13 AM)</div>
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 7 2004, 09:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jinxed_nz
  Don't blame ea jinxed.
They're just the suits.

Rugby 2004 was made in Canada actually. [/b]
Queensland actually. [/b][/quote]
It was made in HB Studios in Canada, then the legal side and pubishing, making copies etc were done at their HQ in QLD.

The game sucked it had no flow too it at all oh and the graphics were horrible as hell
<

Worst EA game I have ever seen. NHL 98 blew this game out of the water. I am sure the next rugby game will be better though.

Originally posted by Ripper+Sep 7 2004, 08:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Sep 7 2004, 08:28 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Sep 6 2004, 07:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Sep 6 2004, 04:56 PM
The commentry in Rugby 04 was superior to Rugby Leagues in some aspects

yeah clearly....
<
"Larkham.............. to... SAILOR!!! ....... SAILOR is... making a break" "and HE'S OVER!!! ooooh and he's tackled short of the line".
What I meant was the stats side of it.

In Rugby 2004 the commentators will read out the Kickers Goal Kicking Stats while there taking shots at goal, something they never do in SJRL.

They also CORRECTLY say how much tries a player has scored in that game, as well as saying how much tries they have scored, something they dont do in SJRL.

Another thing is that during the game he will read out the score, not sure if they do that in SJRL or not, if so its more noticeable in Rugby 2004 [/b]
I think Ill chalk this one up as a victory for Ripper
<

Latest posts