• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005- any news?

Does anyone here know anyone at easports or can get in touch with easports?. There website has absolutley nothing in terms of contacting people about this bloddy game.

I have an email from a guy at EA Sports NZ and talked to him a little bit about Rugby 2004, but haven't had any replies about Rugby 2005.

Apart from that, you'd be very lucky if you got a reply from EA Sports.

you wish they would let you in on some of the stuff that is going on like there other bloody games.

I'm still excited but not as much as i was for rugby 2004 (i know it sucked)

Originally posted by Wallaby84@Dec 5 2004, 03:56 PM
you wish they would let you in on some of the stuff that is going on like there other bloody games.

I'm still excited but not as much as i was for rugby 2004 (i know it sucked)
shite im more exited now becuase of all the good news we are getting, i was only exited last time becuase a rugby game was coming out

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 7 2005, 11:50 AM
*Moved*
Electronic Arts tackling Rugby 2005

Second scrum sim from EA Sports game takes the field this spring for the PS2, Xbox, and PC.
Time to tape those ears down and join the scrum, as Electronic Arts today announced that it is once again tackling the sport of rugby. Rugby 2005, the follow-up to Rugby 2004, is currently in development at HB Studios is being produced by EA Canada. It will be released for the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PC this spring.

All major international rugby teams and players will be featured in the Rugby 2005. Also included are several real-world tournaments, including the Super 12 and the Tri-Nations. This year's version also features graphic upgrades, including new motion-captured animation, authentically detailed stadiums, and enhanced lighting effects. Players will be able to control players with on-the-fly play calling, an improved kicking system, and fakes and tackles using the right analog stick.

GameSpot will have more details on Rugby 2005 as they surface.

By Tim Surette -- GameSpot
POSTED: 01/07/05 07:01 PM PST

sum new info:
HIT STICK!!!!!!...

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jan 10 2005, 03:26 PM
sum new info:
HIT STICK!!!!!!...
Where the hell did you find that out?

If there was one option I could take from the Madden Games and put it in a Rugby Game it would be the Hit Stick

Originally posted by Ripper+Jan 10 2005, 08:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jan 10 2005, 08:50 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Jan 10 2005, 03:26 PM
sum new info:
HIT STICK!!!!!!...

If there was one option I could take from the Madden Games and put it in a Rugby Game it would be the Hit Stick [/b]
Yeah, the right stick is used for big hits and dummies

I wonder if they'll do that thing where if you mistime the big hit you end missing the player and falling flat on your arse/face

Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 10 2005, 08:56 PM
I wonder if they'll do that thing where if you mistime the big hit you end missing the player and falling flat on your arse/face
Yeah im guessing it will be like that

Originally posted by Ripper+Jan 10 2005, 07:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jan 10 2005, 07:50 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Jan 10 2005, 03:26 PM
sum new info:
HIT STICK!!!!!!...

If there was one option I could take from the Madden Games and put it in a Rugby Game it would be the Hit Stick [/b]
gamespot.com best gamesite in da world

Originally posted by Wally@Nov 6 2004, 11:20 AM
There's no way it will be released by March. And if is out by then you can bet it will be just as bad as the last one.
Digging up old posts here...
<

Still think that now? It will defenitely be out by March i reckon - and won't/couldn't possibly be as bad as rugby 2004

the tackles in the video look like they are from standing starts, like the runner is running hard at the tackler but then gets pummeled. This is a bit different to Madden, WCR etc whereby the big hit comes after the tackler has sprinted a short distance or so. Will be interesting to see once the rugby 2005 demo comes out...

Originally posted by cavan@Jan 14 2005, 12:35 AM
the tackles in the video look like they are from standing starts, like the runner is running hard at the tackler but then gets pummeled. This is a bit different to Madden, WCR etc whereby the big hit comes after the tackler has sprinted a short distance or so. Will be interesting to see once the rugby 2005 demo comes out...
well if you think about it most tackles in rugby union are done from a standing player running into tackle situation... it's in league where you see the more bone rattling clashes due to the 10 metre rule.

Latest posts