• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005 bugs

W

woosaah

Ok there aren't many just a couple. I was playing a lions tour aginst wellington i think it was, and i was 19 14 up on my on goal line right on full time (80 mins were up) and i accidently became offside. so i tackled whoever and kept takling and keep getting offside (after the first one i did a couple on purpose just to make sure they didn't score a try) after that the were getting driven back and back and back until i had them on their line. now when they finally got given the penalty it was given from the last infringment when shoudln't it have been from the first? well so they ended up taking a tap inside there 22 and after a while got up close to my line again then knocked it on. now remember i have been playin for 5 mins after the 80mins were shown but i got the scrum!!!! whats with that?

anyway i scored a try but it shouldn't have gone that far. i won't do it again but i thought it was a big bug.

ok i thought kicking looks funny, not very smooth
the commentary is kinda off as well
um... free kick out caught on 22, computer kicks out sometimes it goes to where he kicked it from sometimes doesnt

anyone else got any?

anyone seen forward passes given? computer does them all the time when doing set plays, anyone had the computer offside?
i have had 3 penalties given to me in my whole game 2 from 5m out from aline out collapsing the maul got penatly tries for them and another for collapsing the scrum.

ahh well
<
cheers for reading my rant

The opposition kicked the ball into my ingoal area and because it was so close to the touchline I ran it out instead of putting it down. The ref award them a five metre scrum???

That's all so far.

woosah... I've noticed the freekick bug that sometimes brings the lineout back onto the 22 as opposed to where you kicked it out, doesn't always happen so I'm not too bothered

... lemon, what should happen if you deliberately take the ball outside the field of play when inside the ingoal area?

Halfback running through ruck and warping all over the place - looks crap more than anything

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Mar 18 2005, 12:12 PM
woosah... I've noticed the freekick bug that sometimes brings the lineout back onto the 22 as opposed to where you kicked it out, doesn't always happen so I'm not too bothered

... lemon, what should happen if you deliberately take the ball outside the field of play when inside the ingoal area?
5 metre scrum to the opposition.

Even if they kick it in there, you pick it up and run/pass it out of goal (not towards field of play) -- it goes 5 metre scrum to them.

I`m not sure about his but...

When the opposition kicks the ball dead (passed the dead ball line which runs paralell to the try line) you will be awarded a scrum from where they kicked it from which is CORRECT ....

however....

If the opposition kicks the ball dead, and ball goes dead through the in goal touchline ... it will be a 22 metre drop out?

i`m not sure.... but shouldn`t you be awarded a scrum from where the oppsition kicked it dead, no matter how the ball got kicked dead?

Originally posted by captainamerica+Mar 18 2005, 12:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Mar 18 2005, 12:19 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-raziel_eire
@Mar 18 2005, 12:12 PM

Even if they kick it in there, you pick it up and run/pass it out of goal (not towards field of play) -- it goes 5 metre scrum to them. [/b]

thats what I thought capt. ... prevents you from getting an easy option when you're under severe pressure in your ingoal area

...so why does lemon see this as a bug?

i havent divulged into the create-a-player very much

but what i did notice is the height and weight settings - LACK THEREOF!!!!

it may not be a bug, but its a bloody sin not to have the foundations of the sillouhette to be adjusted

u pick a face, adjust his face, then attirbutes, and accessories, and somehow they pull the height and weight out randomly

pls tell me i am an idiot and havent found height and weight settig in create-a-player

no weight and height I'm afraid ak47 ... only dependant on the body frame you choose ...

- Body 1 (Second/Back Row): 6'4 (or 6'5, I've had it differ for me)
- Body 2 (Most back positions): 6'0
- Body 3 (Front Row/Heavy): 6'0 (or 6'1, again it has differed for me)
- Body 4 (ickle wee men): 5'10

... must be random the way it differs some of the heights on some occasions

* Also a problem with Create-A-Player... if you fiddle about with the age slider (i.e make the face look older to add more definition as opposed to the plastic doll look), then when you leave the actual editor the players nose will warp and start looking like the Wicked Witch of the West (or is that East? ... "muhahahah, I've got you now my pretty!") and the ageing effect does not occur

And finally...

- if you charge a kick down and the ball crosses the touchline, the lineout is given against the kicking team as opposed to against you, who actually touched it last. (This is a flaw right and not just poor knowledge on my part?)
Thanks to lemon for reminding me of this... and the correction too!
<

Originally posted by raziel_eire+Mar 18 2005, 12:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (raziel_eire @ Mar 18 2005, 12:21 PM)</div>
Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 18 2005, 12:19 PM

Even if they kick it in there, you pick it up and run/pass it out of goal (not towards field of play) -- it goes 5 metre scrum to them.

thats what I thought capt. ... prevents you from getting an easy option when you're under severe pressure in your ingoal area

...so why does lemon see this as a bug? [/b]
I was just looking in the law book, only thing that backs up what I'm getting at is: 22:11 Ball Dead Ingoal -- where it says if the ball was played into ingoal by the attacking team then goes dead, a drop-out shall be awarded to the defending team.

Therefore, it's a bug because even though you run it out the back, kick it out the back, etc -- the attacking team first brought the ball ingoal (then it went dead -- doesn't specify how it goes dead)

Then again, law 22:13 -- if the defending team infringe ingoal then a 5 metre scrum is awarded to the attacking team -- the only example given is if the defender knocks on ingoal.

I see it as a bug, but I guess they deem it an infringement if you run the ball over the deadball line. But that kinda grinds with 22:11.

My heads gonna explode, hold on . . .

Originally posted by captainamerica+Mar 18 2005, 12:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Mar 18 2005, 12:53 PM)</div>
Originally posted by raziel_eire@Mar 18 2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 18 2005, 12:19 PM

...so why does lemon see this as a bug?
I was just looking in the law book, only thing that backs up what I'm getting at is: 22:11 Ball Dead Ingoal -- where it says if the ball was played into ingoal by the attacking team then goes dead, a drop-out shall be awarded to the defending team.

Therefore, it's a bug because even though you run it out the back, kick it out the back, etc -- the attacking team first brought the ball ingoal (then it went dead -- doesn't specify how it goes dead)

Then again, law 22:13 -- if the defending team infringe ingoal then a 5 metre scrum is awarded to the attacking team -- the only example given is if the defender knocks on ingoal.

I see it as a bug, but I guess they deem it an infringement if you run the ball over the deadball line. But that kinda grinds with 22:11.

My heads gonna explode, hold on . . . [/b]
yeah it is a bug, if you take the ball into your ingoal then kick it out ground it or whatever it should b a 5m scrum but if they kick it into the ingoal and u run it out kick it out or whatever it should be a 22m drop out.

also when you do a bomb everyone runs forward and are offside (all the forwards) so they are in the 10m circle around where the ball lands so that should b a penalty as well

didn't something like this happen in the 6 nations this year? ... think it may have been a France game ...

Dominici had to run back towards his own goal area to retrieve the ball (not sure if he was behind the try line or infront of it at this stage, but the attacking player (it may have been Scotland/England??? I can't remem) is very close to him and he decides to pass (throw) the ball directly into touch as opposed to be tackled and have the ball stolen (or somethin')...

Can anyone remember what the outcome was? or if this actually happened at all (and whether I am really confused?) or if there are any differences in my version of events to the real ones?

if he intentionaly threw it out that should be a pentaly or a free kick not sure but i didn't see the game.

also when a guy jumps to take the ball and gets tackled in the air, isn't that meant to be a penalty as well, that happens quite a bit

When I choose the "Kick" play on defence my wingers seem to change sides often. ie Winger 1 is on the far side. I call "Kick" and he runs to the near side, Winger 2 does the opposite...

Tackling in the air - penalty

Deliberately throwing the ball dead - free kick

Players within 10m of where ball will land after being in an offside position as a kick is made, MUST retreat away from the ball, BUT can be played onside by any other onside player passing him. He MUST be seen to be retreating though. Otherwise penalty awarded. As the guy who took our refereeing course said "This is the most offside you can be in a match"
<

Obviously if you charge a ball down (or it hits any part of you) and it goes dead - lineout to opposition.

Repeatedly punching a chap in the face when he's on the floor (as happens in one NIS) - penalty, sending off.

Any more requests?

Originally posted by JJ-@Mar 18 2005, 01:39 PM
When I choose the "Kick" play on defence my wingers seem to change sides often. ie Winger 1 is on the far side. I call "Kick" and he runs to the near side, Winger 2 does the opposite...
lol half the time when i chose a defence nothin happens, sometimes something happens but most of the time i have no idea where my guys think they are going, i wonder if they know????
<

Can you take a mark in your own in-goal area? Seen this happen few times.

As to the "ingoal" debate - I'm "fairly" sure if the ball is already in your own ingoal area you can run it out and it's a 22 dropout. (not sure if passing out deleberately is a different infringement?) - what I should say is I didn't look at a replay so it's possible my guy knocked it on and I just missed the call. I'll make sure I check if it ever happens again...

The otny thing that ****** me off are the shitty ball physics when your full back doesn't bother to catch the ball.
<

And Ollie barkley being the 'best' Barbarians fly half...
<
<

ok i have had 2 forward passes now, but i went to replay they wearnt forward *shakes fist* but after reading some of these posts and playin it again i don't like the game so much, just cause those little things are annoying, still its a damn good game though
<

To me the biggest dissapointment is the late tackles..... you dont get penalised for a late tackle at all. Secondly (and this was mentioned before) if the ball is kicked dead, it is a 22m drop out and not a scrum from where they kicked it mmmm another major problem with the rules here.

Also the rule that you can not tackle some one in the air was left. I often go up from the kick off to enable good ball posession, but they just keep on nailing me straight into the ground. That's illegal bud.
<

Cheers
Stormers

Latest posts