• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RUGBY 2005 Preview! Cybershack.com not much but...

This is the sort of info he should have put into his initial story!!!!

However do you get the impression that he is alluding to automatic rucks???

Dunno, hopefully by win the ball he means you need to do something to get it - not just be the first one there and watch the AI steal it...

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 20 2005, 10:25 AM
biter more

"OK - the game play, I will tell you about that. It was the game play that I was most impressed with. The general play of the game was smooth and free flowing. It was just so real, I mean you would tackle the opposition player and a ruck would form. If you were the first player at the ruck you had a REAL chance to win the ball. The rucks were over quickly and again this helped the games flow. Attacking moves were fast and precise passing could be the difference between making a break and getting hit with a big tackle. Coming from a position of playing in a rugby back line in school, I found my knowledge of basic tactics such as dummy passes, switching passes and big cut outs helped a lot.

In the end I felt that I was in the shoes of the players on screen, and I think this is the goal of any sports game. In short the game play was what did it for me, and I am told that the build I played was fairly early so I'm sure things are going to get even better. Although I am not sure where they can improve with the game play as it's spot now."
OH MY GOD
<

WHO IS THIS GUY

GET HIS DETAILS, COZ IF ANY OF THAT IS A LIE COME MARCH - TRF AND CO WILL BASH HIM TO DEATH
<

U CANT SAY THAT..........UNLESS IT IS THAT GOOD
<

<
<

he did put emphasis on how gameplay impressed him the most - we already know the graphics are great so add the two =...?

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 20 2005, 11:02 AM
he did put emphasis on how gameplay impressed him the most - we already know the graphics are great so add the two =...?
adding the 2 elements discussed

gameplay = "u feel like ur in the players shoes, i am not sure where they can imporve the gameplay in this early build"

visuals = we've seen many pics and know what it looks like.

Therefore - Based info provided in front of me on TRF, this game will be the best ever.

Only thing not discussed is sound and features
Even if the above 2 elements hold true - i dont care if my version is spanish!!!!

BRING IT ON

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 20 2005, 10:25 AM
biter more

"OK - the game play, I will tell you about that. It was the game play that I was most impressed with. The general play of the game was smooth and free flowing. It was just so real, I mean you would tackle the opposition player and a ruck would form. If you were the first player at the ruck you had a REAL chance to win the ball. The rucks were over quickly and again this helped the games flow. Attacking moves were fast and precise passing could be the difference between making a break and getting hit with a big tackle. Coming from a position of playing in a rugby back line in school, I found my knowledge of basic tactics such as dummy passes, switching passes and big cut outs helped a lot.

In the end I felt that I was in the shoes of the players on screen, and I think this is the goal of any sports game. In short the game play was what did it for me, and I am told that the build I played was fairly early so I'm sure things are going to get even better. Although I am not sure where they can improve with the game play as it's spot now."
I don't get it.

You're given the chance to play a game, albeit for a short time, a game that quite a few people are anticipating and THIS is all that is given? Hell, he had to be pressed for even this.

Surely you'd make a mental note of, oh, I don't know, the teams you played with, the stadium, what buttons did what, what you did successfully, what you attempted, if there were commentators, if there was any crowd noise, if you or the opposition scored, an approximate level of difficulty played, camera angles . . .

That stuff happens in the first minute of play let alone half-hour.

Roll on Locksley.

Latest posts