• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2013

jack6161

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Gloucester
Because no one has asked the question, Rugby 2013, yes or no?

yes, but what about the PC? Online distribution really helps against piracy, just look at Rugby Challenge...

I'd like to hear from a HB representative to confirm they are making one as it would be great. With aviva premiership etc.

If they do. Id like to see some real positive steps forward in the gameplay. RWC 2011 wasn't good enough for me.

At the same time Rugby Challenge wasn't all that it was made out to be. Very frustrating to play and pointless game modes.

Well RC2 is on the cards apparently, but probably in 2013 if any time. If they sell enough (which I think they have there will likely be a RC2). RWC 2011 was a let down, and no where near the quality any one was expecting. It was just a cheap con for their company to exploit the world cup. If RWC 2011 didn't exist RC would probably have the licensing, making it much better. Also isn't if funny how these forums are now dead now that the game has been released? I hope there is another one purely so that Rugby games become a yearly process like Fifa. If there is a RC2 though I wouldn't want a Rugby 2013, as RC2 would be much better.

Well RC2 is on the cards apparently, but probably in 2013 if any time. If they sell enough (which I think they have there will likely be a RC2). RWC 2011 was a let down, and no where near the quality any one was expecting. It was just a cheap con for their company to exploit the world cup. If RWC 2011 didn't exist RC would probably have the licensing, making it much better. Also isn't if funny how these forums are now dead now that the game has been released? I hope there is another one purely so that Rugby games become a yearly process like Fifa. If there is a RC2 though I wouldn't want a Rugby 2013, as RC2 would be much better.

Start off ... drivel and secondly you cannot prove that RC would have been much better because of 'licensing'. Fact of the matter both games have their pro's and con's ... something that quite a few of the "fanboys" overlooked.

The forum went 'quiet' as soon as one set of fans left the forum alone with their constant negativity. I for one am glad they have gone because they contributed nothing but misery for this forum. Now we have the fans who want to discuss rugby and have a good debate about it.

The forum went 'quiet' as soon as one set of fans left the forum alone with their constant negativity. I for one am glad they have gone because they contributed nothing but misery for this forum. Now we have the fans who want to discuss rugby and have a good debate about it.

Oh they'll be back as soon as there are some definitive answer from either HB or Sidhe about a new game in the making...

i certainly hope so, i think the main problem with rwc 2011, was that it seemed rushed to get it released on time for the actual event.... had a bit more thaught gone into it, it cold have been brilliant...apart from the obvious, there wasn't a lot wrong with the gameplay... put in the equivelant of the domestic competitions, and maybe the internationals, and obviously some sort of online ranking system, and the game could be brilliant...maybe even for non rugby fans.....

I tend to agree with most opinions on here.

@welshglory, you summed up RC well by saying it "was frustrating to play"

@jack/Cymro, i never played RWC11, so can't compare the two games, so licensing debate I can't argue either. I DO know, that RC had very poor gameplay, as I mentioned above. The logic wasn't very good, and certain aspects or situations in the game would throw you right off. The graphics were great, I really hope they keep that or even tweak it to a degree. For jack, and me, more realistic teams and squads and tournaments would've been a big plus. The player editor was also a big up in that, it just took time to edit all the players, to real ones.

@jack/frodo, a rugby 13 with more effort and idea put into it would be great, followed by an annual release with more improvements. I honestly would settle for every second year, if it means giving them more time to research and design the thing.

Oh didn't we love the super realistic scrums in RC :p

If it´s better than Rugby Challenge in graphics and game play. Yes

At the end of the day, If anyone made a new rugby game soon and like the old EA sports Rugby 08 then they are going in the right direction, they had all the licensing and the quality is better then both RC and RWC 2011....

How do we get hold off EA to make a nice rugby game? we should all go on a strike.. im nearly in my 30s and still no rugby.. far out

Oooh, us Saffers can help, we strike for no reason and from nothing on a daily basis.

"Eish illegal, that's bad ne?"

Latest posts