• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Books

R

Rugby_Cymru

I have been given a demand by loving and caring parents to choose some books that i would like for christmas.
I an avid bookworm and i know all the novels i want, but i also want to indluge in some rugby literature.

I'd love it if anyone could give some good suggestions of any good rugby books out there, including:

Autobiographies
Training books
Humorous Books

ANY BOOKS, anything regarding rugby that would be interesting to read.
I know we've got a few bookworms on this site.

Any highly recommended suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Martin Johnson, Will Greenwood and Matt Dawson all have very interesting autobiographies.

Although as a Welshman I don't know if you would get the same satisfaction from reading them that I did.

An old but funny book to read is The Art of Coarse Rugby. Great read for anyone who has been involved in grassroots rugby at any stage.

I have total respect for all rugby players (especially those who have won thee world cup), I just didn't want to pick up an autobiography that's stale and unpassionate.
There has to be interest in the story and the player's life as far as i'm concerned (Lomu's autobiography is a great example of that, in my eyes).
Cheers for the suggestions.

I have total respect for all rugby players (especially those who have won thee world cup), I just didn't want to pick up an autobiography that's stale and unpassionate.
[/b]

Well if you were to pick one of those three, I would personally go for Will Greenwood's. Some of the emotion he shows towards his life off the pitch really gets you going, plus the guy is very eloquent and intelligent.

"Complete Conditioning for Rugby" by Dan Luger/Paul Pook is a good Training book

I have read Jonah Lomu's autobiography at least five times, it just shows what an incredible player he was to play a high level of rugby for New Zealand for nearly 8 years and still his body only working at 70 - 80%..
Just amazing..

matt dawsons was really well written

and he gives a lot of insight into the various tournaments.. 6n and world cup and that kind of stuff good read

I've read Henson's (ahem...*big sigh*), Lomu's, and I've got Carter's and JPR's book waiting for me.
I think i'll go with Greenwood and Dawson, upon recommendation, but if there's any more you guys have got that are worth the read, i'd be grateful if you could let me know.

I think i'll go with Greenwood and Dawson, upon recommendation, but if there's any more you guys have got that are worth the read, i'd be grateful if you could let me know.
[/b]

The Art of Coarse Rugby

Just worth a second mention.

I've read Henson's (ahem...*big sigh*), Lomu's, and I've got Carter's and JPR's book waiting for me.
[/b]

Deffo add Johnno's to the list...the bit about his mad obsessed dash to find a KFC after an international had me in stitches.

Its not a rugby book but its a good read.I read "You're ok its just a bruise" when i was on holidays and it was amazing.Its about the Los Angeles Raiders american football team.Some of the stories are incredible.

Latest posts