• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Challenge 2006 at E3

• Thread starter benchwarmer_chriswhitaker
  • Start date
Originally posted by sanzar@May 23 2005, 04:44 PM
I know you loved lomu GG, but seriously mate, get over it! It's dead!
Yeah I know and I don't play it anymore........

.........but if RL2 had the options of attack that they do in real life, then I would be the first to buy it. I love the way in league whenever they play the ball everyone seems to know what is happening next and how certain people run dummy lines and stuff. It was this sort of stuff which was missing from the first RL1 game and if they do not include it then I don't think RL2 will soar to any heights of any significance.

"Off the ball play." Fifa has it, why can't rugby and league games have it too.. I want to send players around me on various angled runs whether real or dummies. I also want select passing as this is VERY fundamental to League. If these 2 things combined on attack are emulated then I would say we have a very impressive game. (If only I had stayed in school and become a programmer as I already have ideas to do this).

Relying on big tackles and fancy steps and fends to be the make or break of a footie game is only making half a game. For that sort of stuff you might as well hire a wrestling game.

Also,
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I'd have to argue that Doom 3 (even on XBOX) is one of the most memorable experiences I've had with any video game to date, so yes.[/b]
Twice i nearly hired this game out to see if it would be aby good but I have been so let down over the years from almost games. Now I will for sure check it out this weekend.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 23 2005, 05:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
I'd have to argue that Doom 3 (even on XBOX) is one of the most memorable experiences I've had with any video game to date, so yes.
Twice i nearly hired this game out to see if it would be aby good but I have been so let down over the years from almost games. Now I will for sure check it out this weekend. [/b][/quote]
Be sure to play it from about 11pm onwards by yourself with all the lights turned off
<
It's one heck of a freaky ride!

Originally posted by sanzar+May 23 2005, 05:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ May 23 2005, 05:05 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@May 23 2005, 05:01 PM
I'd have to argue that Doom 3 (even on XBOX) is one of the most memorable experiences I've had with any video game to date, so yes.
Twice i nearly hired this game out to see if it would be aby good but I have been so let down over the years from almost games. Now I will for sure check it out this weekend. [/b]
Be sure to play it from about 11pm onwards by yourself with all the lights turned off
<
It's one heck of a freaky ride! [/b][/quote]
Hey....that is exactly what happened to me in the early Pentium days (Brother had a Pentium75. Flashest computer when he had it). He had this game called Doom on it (first experience of a FPS game). I turned on his computer in the room (lights off 10pm) and was f%^%ing freaking out.

Then I told a mate of mine about it and he came over. We were BOTH in the room and he was freaking out.

Sometimes when I would get somewhere new and a monster jumped out of nowhere at me I would half jump in my chair.

Because I didn't know how to strafe sideways in those days I would evade going backwards. I would be firing hardcore and freaking out to the days. It was like I was actually in a horror movie.

And that was on a 14inch screen with little desktop speakers. Now I have widescreen and home theatre surround sound. Will I be scared?

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+May 23 2005, 05:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ May 23 2005, 05:30 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@May 23 2005, 05:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
Twice i nearly hired this game out to see if it would be aby good but I have been so let down over the years from almost games. Now I will for sure check it out this weekend.
<
It's one heck of a freaky ride! [/b]
Hey....that is exactly what happened to me in the early Pentium days (Brother had a Pentium75. Flashest computer when he had it). He had this game called Doom on it (first experience of a FPS game). I turned on his computer in the room (lights off 10pm) and was f%^%ing freaking out.

Then I told a mate of mine about it and he came over. We were BOTH in the room and he was freaking out.

Sometimes when I would get somewhere new and a monster jumped out of nowhere at me I would half jump in my chair.

Because I didn't know how to strafe sideways in those days I would evade going backwards. I would be firing hardcore and freaking out to the days. It was like I was actually in a horror movie.

And that was on a 14inch screen with little desktop speakers. Now I have widescreen and home theatre surround sound. Will I be scared? [/b][/quote]
that happened to me on the playstation 1 with silent hill...............demo!
<

Hell yes. Keep the screen brightness on low as well, or a comfortable mid-section. It's a very good game on shock factor alone, but it has great gameplay as well. Switching between torch and shotgun in a hurried frenzy in pitch black is one of the best things about the game imo.

Originally posted by kinkon89+May 23 2005, 05:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ May 23 2005, 05:39 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 23 2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by sanzar@May 23 2005, 05:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy

<
It's one heck of a freaky ride!

And that was on a 14inch screen with little desktop speakers. Now I have widescreen and home theatre surround sound. Will I be scared? [/b]
that happened to me on the playstation 1 with silen hill...............demo!
<
[/b][/quote]
Silent Hill 4 "The Room" was a bit freaky. I nearly cried when the first girl got killed. Just watching your character looking and holding her lifeless body, it was like real life.

What the hell.....I feel sad again just thinking about it. Gosh, I am glad I only played it for a couple of days. I was so sad at her dying that I was affected for a week. you'd think I had met her in real life.......

............time to get a life
<

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 23 2005, 05:30 PM

And that was on a 14inch screen with little desktop speakers. Now I have widescreen and home theatre surround sound. Will I be scared?
Absolutely! The game is creepy on more levels than you can imagine! The deeper you get, the more f***ed up it becomes! I remember going through these corridoors where things creep up on you all the time, all the while listening to an audio log some docter left behind in which he describes how a heavily sedated patient cut his tounge in 2...
P.S just wait till you get into hell!

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@May 23 2005, 05:40 PM
Hell yes. Keep the screen brightness on low as well, or a comfortable mid-section. It's a very good game on shock factor alone, but it has great gameplay as well. Switching between torch and shotgun in a hurried frenzy in pitch black is one of the best things about the game imo.
Definately!

Originally posted by Wally@May 23 2005, 09:28 PM
Is Quake III the same as battle arena? And what is it like online (on PC)
<
Quake III?

Isn't that the joke of a game that killed the quake series. The one you play once and that is it.

Yes I remember. How disappointing

Latest posts