Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WCR

• Rugby 2005

• Total voters
S

sanzar

Which game has the best camera angle? Personally I hate all the camera angles in Rugby 2005 and find I have to switch between side and classic 2 to have a decent experience... WCR was relatively good, but for me the one that worked best was the "behind" camera angle off Rugby League... I loved the hight and angle in it, as you can see quite alot of the feild and still see the players relatively well and I also liked the slow down and zoom in behinf the player for the in game kicking.
It wasn't perfect, but it was the best angle by far for me and with NRL2 I'm sure they'll make it even better...

What do you guys think?

I dont ever recall having any issues with the camera in NRL, so I'd have to say that this was the best angle out of the three games.

The camera angles in Rugby 2005 are ****... On Classsic 2 it's really hard to get a sense of running speed because the camera is too low.

There is such a simple solution to this problem and all EA have to do is implement a camera adjustment option (angle / height / zoom etc)... and all will be solved.

Hopefully next year
<

Originally posted by sanzar@Mar 27 2005, 03:19 PM
Personally I hate all the camera angles in Rugby 2005 and find I have to switch between side and classic 2 to have a decent experience.
Mate ever tried broadcast?

Originally posted by Jacko+Mar 27 2005, 09:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jacko @ Mar 27 2005, 09:46 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Mar 27 2005, 03:19 PM
Personally I hate all the camera angles in Rugby 2005 and find I have to switch between side and classic 2 to have a decent experience.
Mate ever tried broadcast? [/b]
Didn't like it either... You can't see anything on the short side in the 22. It's good at other times, but as I said, to get a decent experience with the shite camera angles in Rugby 2005, you have to use several of the through the course of one match... I never once had to change the camera in game in NRL.

That is true. Only time i have probs as well. Drop out past the half way and they can run it back cos i cant see where there moving.

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 27 2005, 09:51 PM
That is true. Only time i have probs as well. Drop out past the half way and they can run it back cos i cant see where there moving.
Other than that though, I don't like the side view or broadcaste view for the major parts in the match because you just can't see far enough in front of you and the gaps aren't as clear...

I've gotten used to it. It takes a while but still once u work out the fullback u can grubber or just run past him.

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 27 2005, 09:57 PM
I've gotten used to it. It takes a while but still once u work out the fullback u can grubber or just run past him.
back on topic though, wouldn't you prefer to play rugby 2005 with the camera angles in NRL?

Yeah sure would but i'm still a fan of the custom camera on madden although u don't really need it on that game. Use it for Rugby.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Yeah sure would but i'm still a fan of the custom camera on madden although u don't really need it on that game. Use it for Rugby.[/b]

Never really played madden, whats that angle like?

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 27 2005, 09:57 PM
Just quickly, do you play with the radar?

Madden's a good game and camera zoomed in enough. Doesn't really need custom cam. No i don't play with radar it clutters screen to much.

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 27 2005, 10:05 PM
Madden's a good game and camera zoomed in enough. Doesn't really need custom cam.
Sure it is, I just can't get past my loathing for NFL to enjoy it unfortunately
<
... would be nice if EA could implement some of that games technology for use in rugby though.

Yeah. bit off topic but in rugby league i noticed that at Canberra they actually had the food for sport signs on the canteens! Some extreme detail, but this might have been the reason for unrealistic player models. EA has no excuse for 2**4.

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 27 2005, 10:09 PM
Yeah. bit off topic but in rugby league i noticed that at Canberra they actually had the food for sport signs on the canteens! Some extreme detail, but this might have been the reason for unrealistic player models. EA has no excuse for 2**4.
I don't think it is... Have you seen the NRL2 screenshots??

rl2_05.jpg

Now they've got freaky detail for players and the stadia! It's gonna **** all over Rugby 2005 by the looks so far
<
<
<
Can't wait!
sorry *off topic*

Yeah, 2 right. Gameplay should be good as well. Hopefully they don't have the same error as EA with cameras zooming em out.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Mar 27 2005, 10:14 PM
Shame it has to be Rugby League!
<
<
<
<

Seriously though, as a fan of both codes I seriously have to say Rugby League has much more potential as a video game.

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 27 2005, 11:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Mar 27 2005, 11:16 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Mar 27 2005, 10:14 PM
Shame it has to be Rugby League!
<
<
<
<

Seriously though, as a far of both codes I seriously have to say Rugby League has much more potential as a video game. [/b]
It's probably easier to implement, there aren't as many complex rules. If Union was done well though it should translate just as well.