• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Gloves

W

Wallaby84

Hi,

Does anyone here have rugby gloves they wish to sell as im looking for an affordable pair to wear.

where u at? i bort mine from rebel sport for 25 bux so you might as well buy them new

25$...thats pretty affordable.i thought they were like 120$ like there gilbert balls.
id only wear those to look kool...dont know if they actually werk.

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jan 23 2005, 03:23 AM
25$...thats pretty affordable.i thought they were like 120$ like there gilbert balls.
They only work if you can catch in the first palce, otherwise they won't help you at all.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Jan 23 2005, 11:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Jan 23 2005, 11:36 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Jan 23 2005, 03:23 AM
They only work if you can catch in the first palce, otherwise they won't help you at all. [/b]
Yeah he is right u need to be able to catch first, they help me get turn-over at the breaks down a bit better coz of the little bit extra grip they provide.

www.madeforrugby.com Is ideal in the UK. Dunno if they deliver to other countrys.

Edit: Ah... their not there any more...
blush.gif

I got mine from JJB Sports, £10 I thought was pretty good.

I wear them cos I'm our lineout jumper and I think it gives me a bit of extra confidence, in the loose as well

Mine were £4.50 in a sale at Sports-Soccer. Well worth it..........

I was in Rebel sports the other day and saw that Rugbytech had other colours than black they had red,grey and blue i wanted to know if they had green coz thats my clubs main colour but they didnt so i still have my black rugbytech gloves that i brought for $27(NZD) and they are a year old and still grip well.

i live in australia and i got my glove at the canterbury shop for $60.....they're the thin tight ones, they're good coz u can feel the ball as well as added grip! the only problem is that they rip easy.

btw they're only supposed to be used in the rain where its most effective

Originally posted by Black|Raven@Feb 25 2005, 11:39 PM
i live in australia and i got my glove at the canterbury shop for $60.....they're the thin tight ones, they're good coz u can feel the ball as well as added grip! the only problem is that they rip easy.

That exactly what happened to mine but the grip on mine came off at training the very first time i got them i took them back got my $40 back and went and brought some $27 Rugbytech ones which are really good

every pair of gloves i've got have ripped after about 15-20 games. You really need a new pair every season. They don' seem to hold up well, especially around the fingers.

Originally posted by cavan@Feb 26 2005, 01:20 AM
every pair of gloves i've got have ripped after about 15-20 games. You really need a new pair every season. They don' seem to hold up well, especially around the fingers.
Mine have lasted me 14 games and show no sign of spliting but then again they might split soon

Originally posted by Black|Raven@Feb 25 2005, 11:39 AM
I use mine all the time, just because they make me look cool
<

Mine have lasted all season without even looking like ripping so far.

mine fray slightly at the ends of the fingers... but they haven't ripped yet

my shock top ones that i got wen they came out ripped wen i put them on! they ripped around the thumb area...

I've got a pair of the thin Canterbury ones and they've been great so far. Only problem is the grip wearing thin where I sometimes have to lift in the line-out. They seem to make pickups a lot easier, especially in wet conditions. Very handy for the quick pick and go runs I make from the back of the scrum.

I had black Optimum Stik Mits and they ripped in my first game charging down a kick so don't go for them. I've gone back to rubbing the old grip gel for gymnastics, just as good in my opinion.

gloves affect passing, seeing as i play on the wing i usually just catch so they come in handy there, my brother can pass proplery with them on hes a halfy so that sucked

Latest posts