• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League Challenge

L

locksley

Hello all,

Not been on here for a while, but I thought I'd pop in and say how much I'm enjoying Rugby League Challenge on the PSP.

I didn't have high hopes for it really, but I'm more than happy with how it plays. There's a decent amount of control here, especially as the ball carrier, and you can actually defend your line without blaming the bad controls if you muck up (that means YOU RL2)

Fair enough, there's not much to it, but what their is is fine. To sum it up, I'd say it very much like RL1 but with tighter controls.

Loving it.

Lox

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Oct 1 2009, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hello all,

Not been on here for a while, but I thought I'd pop in and say how much I'm enjoying Rugby League Challenge on the PSP.

I didn't have high hopes for it really, but I'm more than happy with how it plays. There's a decent amount of control here, especially as the ball carrier, and you can actually defend your line without blaming the bad controls if you muck up (that means YOU RL2)

Fair enough, there's not much to it, but what their is is fine. To sum it up, I'd say it very much like RL1 but with tighter controls.

Loving it.

Lox[/b]

Thanks for the info. A copy is on its way to me here in Japan. My expectations are very low so its nice to hear somethin positive.

Is the passing still chaos like RL1, with it being hard to get the ball to the player you want?

How are the animations and visuals? Are there only 2 stadiums in the game?

How is the AI? How many difficulty levels? Can you step,fend, shoulder charge and dummy?

Sorry for all the questions, there is no info or decent reviews on this game.

In this game the offense and defence resets after each tackle like the DS version. Thats unbelieveable.

That kind or renders my other questions irrelevant. Oh well, low expetations met. Its paid for and on its way so I will try to enjoy it for what it is.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeeJay @ Oct 1 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Oct 1 2009, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello all,

Loving it.

Lox[/b]

Thanks for the info. A copy is on its way to me here in Japan. My expectations are very low so its nice to hear somethin positive.

Is the passing still chaos like RL1, with it being hard to get the ball to the player you want?

How are the animations and visuals? Are there only 2 stadiums in the game?

How is the AI? How many difficulty levels? Can you step,fend, shoulder charge and dummy?

Sorry for all the questions, there is no info or decent reviews on this game.
[/b][/quote]

Passing is still all over the place to support players.

Only two stadiums, animations are few, there is only one or two tackle animations it seems.

AI is actually a pretty good challenge, as lox said it plays closer to RL1 than RL2 which I like. Easy is way too easy, medium feels right for me and I'm yet to try hard.

The graphics are ok for me, I'm never too fussed by graphics but these are fine.

You can't step, scoot, shoulder charge or dummy but you can fend or evade as it is called.

It is very bare bones but for some reason it is fun so far. Good for a few games on bus/train trips.

It may be unlikely but there is the good little platform laid for a sequel with extra features I reckon.

If you want to know more let me know.

Thanks for that.

I thought the DS version was fun but was put off by the lack of any tackle animations and by the off and def reseting after each play of the ball.

Im really surprised that they left it like that for the psp. It makes things like big brakes and quick plays of the ball all useless aswell as probably making it repetitive quite quickly.

I dont care about the visuals. Gameplay and a few decent animations would make up for it. Did they put numbers on jerseys?

Which stadiums do they have?

Its a shame they messed up passing, because it was actually ok on the DS version.

Are you talking about Mascot Mania?.

No numbers on jerseys and I think they are just custom grounds although the big stadium looks like the SFS which it could well be.

Player speeds are a bit slow and some players literally walk at full speed but it is balanced ok.

Again it's very simplistic with no real structure but it plays ok despite the limitations.

I've been playing this game all night. It's fun, real fun to play.

I'm not fussed with graphics etc, but I don't like games that control bad. RL Challenge isn't perfect, the passing is slightly dodgy, but the control over the ball carrier is brilliant. I love it.

I'm gonna try and upload some videos today.

Is anyone else having problems with this thread not updating? When I come here it is still at only 7 posts ending with locksley saying he will post some vids. There have been alot more post made by myself and others since then, but I cant view any of them.

Anyone else having this problem?

Ive tried to refesh on two different computers and connections but no luck. Other threads update just fine.

I still cant read this thread!

LoL, this is the first decent rugby game discussion in ages and Im locked out lol.

If anyone knows whats going on or how I can fix this please pm me. I cant read any replies in this thread.

My copy should arrvie in the next two days, so Im looking forward to discussing.

Well, I still cant read this thread............

I got the game and have to agree that it is addictive and fun. So far Ive started a season on medium and have won 10 out of 11 matches, most of them pretty close.

The gameplay is certainly better than RL2 and is about the same as RL1 with better passing and player control as others have said. Its a good challenge, but I think on hard it will be an AI cheatfest and props will be running down wingers, but Ill have to wait and see. The reseting at the play of the ball is not as bad as I thought. I love the sidestep animations!

Two things that really annoy.

1. They made home and away uniforms , but you can never play an away game with your team using there away uniform. Even is season mode there are no away games, which is just lazy. They have the uniforms and enough stadiums.

2. My home ground as the warriors looks like a high school rugby field. This is pathetic considering I have seen ANZ and another cool super league one. Why kick warriors fans in the nuts ad force us to play there....and because there are no away games, its the only stadium Im ever going to see. I don't mind the simplicity of this game, but the laziness makes me a little mad.

Latest posts