• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League Live 2 Gameplay Review

Radman

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
New Zealand Warriors
Sorry I have neglected these forums, I've been so busy I just seemed to leave this place hanging.

Anyway I have Rugby League Live 2 and I think it is an outstanding game.

I'm not so flash with reviews but I found a very good one on youtube.

This guy is playing on the highest difficulty allready and he knows his stuff.

Enjoy.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P-n-ryxK2P0

Sweet good to hear, I think the release in the rest of the world won't be until a little later though.

Tru Blue saying they are awaiting a date but that was a while ago. At the end of the day they like to neglect their NH market which in truth is sad. RRL 1 was depressingly bad but this has the chance to be very good. Hopefully they pull their fingers out and get something sorted.

Happens doesn't it Radman.

Completely agree with You though - this is easily the best league game and probably the best video game interpretation of either code to date in terms of simulating the feel of the sport.

It's still not perfect and while playing a more realistic style makes intercepts less common, they are still a bit of a problem and it probably needs some tweaking to make it them occur less often.

In game kicking could also use a bit of tweaking, as it is quite hard to get used to and just feels clunky at times.

Other than that though, the game is absolutely fantastic and very well balanced.

Happens doesn't it Radman.

Completely agree with You though - this is easily the best league game and probably the best video game interpretation of either code to date in terms of simulating the feel of the sport.

It's still not perfect and while playing a more realistic style makes intercepts less common, they are still a bit of a problem and it probably needs some tweaking to make it them occur less often.

In game kicking could also use a bit of tweaking, as it is quite hard to get used to and just feels clunky at times.

Other than that though, the game is absolutely fantastic and very well balanced.

Perfectly put. As pre-order purchaser of RWC & RC - this pretty much destroys them. (possibly my disappointment speaking)

This is the game that should've been released 10 years ago. Both graphically and with gameplay. But that said - it's a good game and hopefully it's something that they can build on for future iterations.

Cons - Kicking, Canned Animations, Easy Intercepts, Lack of International Teams.

8/10... love the flat passes & gameplay is pretty deep. BigAnt surprised us all. All we need now is a patch

It needs patching but is generally very, very good.

I didn't, but I know someone who did and it was money well spent. For UK users I have an exclusive TRF preview coming up.

Wasn't going to pay £60-£70 to import it but it's only a few weeks away. 30 November to be exact.

So when is the UK release date for this now, has it been confirmed yet??? Feedback seems positive for it, should be good to pass the time until next game for maybe 2014??? :p :p

So when is the UK release date for this now, has it been confirmed yet??? Feedback seems positive for it, should be good to pass the time until next game for maybe 2014??? :p :p

30th November.

Pre-ordered mine from Game before the price increase.

Hmmmmm Bit on the fence on whether to buy this or not??

Its gonna be 45/50 quid to buy it, and when I pop the disc in I'll be in a very weird place. I'm more of a casual fan of league since crusaders "disappeared" so I'll have the dilemma on who to choose as my "go to team". And even then, I won't know if the likenesses are correct. That was the one huge thing with RLL1, likenesses for NH players were poor (not helped by my lack of knowledge). Decisions decisions :(

Hmmmmm Bit on the fence on whether to buy this or not??

Its gonna be 45/50 quid to buy it, and when I pop the disc in I'll be in a very weird place. I'm more of a casual fan of league since crusaders "disappeared" so I'll have the dilemma on who to choose as my "go to team". And even then, I won't know if the likenesses are correct. That was the one huge thing with RLL1, likenesses for NH players were poor (not helped by my lack of knowledge). Decisions decisions :(

South Wales Scorpions are on it. I can't decide who to go with ... St Helens / Wigan (Purely as they have a link to Wales RL in terms of development) / South Sydney Rabbithos

For me what people have said about the game saying its a step up from RLL, I deffo was willing to give it a pre-order. Was jammy enough to do it with game before they raised the pre order price.

Latest posts