• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Manager game

Muddy Rhino

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
We're doing some market research for a new Rugby Manager game. The link to the survey is here.

Feedback and comments welcomed!

Best regards
Muddy Rhino | Work hard - play harder

Its at an early stage so I cant give too much definite detail. We're negotiating licences for players and club names. Its intended to be similar to FM13 for iPhone/Android. Gameplay will revolve around getting the right tactics for the weather, opposition and of course your own players. We have a number of cool features and unlockables.

What will the player management be like? Will players be split into forwards & backs? Will they even be split into positions?

I say this because in other rugby management games you're given stats and are forced to work it out for yourself who is meant to play where which was very frustrating and a bit of a waste of time really. I don't want to look at two players - one 5'11" and weighing 120kg with the other 5'10" and weighing 110kg - and spend the next half hour trying to work out which position each is meant to play! At least Championship Manager/Football Manager told you who played where!

^ what he said

It all sounds promising though, hopefully this idea comes into being

What will the player management be like? Will players be split into forwards & backs? Will they even be split into positions?

I say this because in other rugby management games you're given stats and are forced to work it out for yourself who is meant to play where which was very frustrating and a bit of a waste of time really. I don't want to look at two players - one 5'11" and weighing 120kg with the other 5'10" and weighing 110kg - and spend the next half hour trying to work out which position each is meant to play! At least Championship Manager/Football Manager told you who played where!

Yes there will be allocated player positions, possibly with a option to retrain a secondary position. Football Manager is the benchmark, we hope to take all its good points and add some new interesting features.

Yay! Okay I'm happy and whats more I've filled in the survey!

Sounds like its going to be quite good :) and just completed the survey for you ;)

Thanks guys.

Out of interest if the match screen was only 2D or 'Text Only' is that a enough to keep you entertained??? Many players of FM13 handheld only use the text only setting.

2D and/or text is fine by me really. There was one rugby management game that was just text and a rugby ball on a flat pitch denoting where action was.

2D and/or text is fine by me really. There was one rugby management game that was just text and a rugby ball on a flat pitch denoting where action was.

How important are licenses to you? Would you still buy without licenses?

@ Muddy Rhino - got any stats from the survey you can share? I'd say tablet, £4.99 max price and real club names - but that's just me!

@ Muddy Rhino - got any stats from the survey you can share? I'd say tablet, £4.99 max price and real club names - but that's just me!

Sorry I cant reveal the results of the survey... but they clearly indicate what the market wants. Lets just say no previous attempt at a rugby game or any existing online rugby manager game meets the needs of the user.

anyone see the early concept screens of James O'Connor, Cory Jane and Vincent Clerc on our twitter feed?

Possibly only for handheld... a slim chance it could be PC too. But definitely not console.

As long as it has a match engine like RUM series, this will be solid gold. Enough with those management games where all you do is look at stats and then check the results without any feedback or emotion from watching your team develop.

Here's what their 3d match engine looks like (it's pretty good even though it's freeware):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzsL0YvlniU

Latest posts