• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Match Statistics

I know it was 5pages ago, but I really love how a gif of Bryan Habana running a try in from about 70m out is used as an example of SA playing great expansive rugby, yet Chris Ashton ran one in from 90m vs Aus and England are s**t and can't throw a ball :p

Countering from their own dead ball area no less! I bet Martin Johnson was seething.

Well, the only thing Ashton and Habana have in common is that both are selfish wingers.

This whole statistics debate is gone now. Statistics are overrated anyway.

That's crap, I heard only 69% of statistics are overrated.

Wheeeyyyyy boys, ****ing get in there!! *swings dick*

shaneHorgan-290309.jpg
img-thing
George-North-Scarlets-007.jpg

Yeah he's ****. Over the hill and wasn't that good to begin with. Now, that Paddy Wallace is some man!
By man do you mean male chromosomes-female genitalia, because we had a good discussion on that already.
Might be hurting his feelings, you see.

Throughout history. Scotland have on average, scored less tries per match than any other nation who has played in a Rugby World Cup.

Their matches also have less points in them than any other nation's matches.

#stat

Italy historically, have relied on the boot more than any other Tier 1 nation. 47.54% if their points in history have been scored through kicks.

Outside Tier 1, Portugal are the only nation who throughout history have scored more points through the boot than they have with tries.

Last edited by a moderator:
You bet I am :| ;)
The ***le of the thread is "Rugby Match Statistics" not "Continent Debate Graph chat".The opening poster soso7df is new to rugby and will be confused to see all this off topic talk.
You bet I am :| ;)
I pity the OP.
:)) haha ... what can we do ... it's sport!So I guess ESPN Scrum is the way to go ... that's too bad ... I wonder why not a lot of statistical data is available freely on Rugby ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it was 5pages ago, but I really love how a gif of Bryan Habana running a try in from about 70m out is used as an example of SA playing great expansive rugby, yet Chris Ashton ran one in from 90m vs Aus and England are s**t and can't throw a ball :p

Did I say it was expansive? No. You make your own assumptions there. It was a counter attack as Australia lost the ball close to the try line. Habana was the end product of it. If you want to go pull out past episodes go look at the 1997 games. Its strange that such a boring playing country are the only country who got players who scored a hat trick vs NZ. Here you get excited over England scoring 3 tries vs NZ in 2 years. But I guess its the English way to celebrated losses these days.

So I guess ESPN Scrum is the way to go ... that's too bad ... I wonder why not a lot of statistical data is available freely on Rugby ...
try www.ruckinggoodstats.com

Did I say it was expansive? No. You make your own assumptions there. It was a counter attack as Australia lost the ball close to the try line. Habana was the end product of it. If you want to go pull out past episodes go look at the 1997 games. Its strange that such a boring playing country are the only country who got players who scored a hat trick vs NZ. Here you get excited over England scoring 3 tries vs NZ in 2 years. But I guess its the English way to celebrated losses these days.

Have you considered writing a post without making up stats?
Greg Cornelsen (an Australian) scored 4 tries in a test against the All Blacks in 1978.....

(not that anything anyone says is ever going to change your opinion :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Have you considered writing a post without making up stats?
Greg Cornelsen (an Australian) scored 4 tries in a test against the All Blacks in 1978.....

(not that anything anyone says is ever going to change your opinion :rolleyes:)
Forgot about him sorry. But where did I "make up" stats. Unless you are saying the IRB and Jake White pulled it out their arses.

Latest posts