Rugby needs 30 refs and only 4 players per team

The_Wol

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Reds
Siege got me thinking about the sport. I am damn sick of players getting away with murder on the field *Cough* Richie McCaw *Cough* I think the only way to counter it is by having 30 refs on the field to watch every facet of the game and only 4 players per team.
We would also have to have extra camera's watching the game, I propose that we have 300 camera's around the field and stands.
Please discuss.

Sige, give Woldog back his account details and log back in to your account. :p

This is serious guys, last week a forward pass went unpunished.

I like this idea. Snipers should be situated through out th stadium. Forward passes and knock on's don't result in scrums (as they slow down the game), but instead a sniper picks off the offending player. What this achieves is two things: Firstly it means the game isn't slown down by scrum resets, and secondly it actually creates space for the offensive team, as the other team is down a player (who can be dragged off and someone on the bench goes on - however you could quickly run out of substitutes for too many handling errors).

You can still take penalty shots at goal for a penalty offense (in which the offending player is doused in gasoline and lit on fire) - however if you miss the kick, the referee who is situated behind the kicker and carries a pistol, quickly eliminates the kicker. What this achieves is that it enhances the risk going for the penalty kick, instead rewarding going for a try through a territorial kick (unless your team has poor handling, in which case it's probably worth going for the kick).

Games can also be won when one team has lost all 22 players.

Food for thought?

I like this idea. Snipers should be situated through out th stadium. Forward passes and knock on's don't result in scrums (as they slow down the game), but instead a sniper picks off the offending player. What this achieves is two things: Firstly it means the game isn't slown down by scrum resets, and secondly it actually creates space for the offensive team, as the other team is down a player (who can be dragged off and someone on the bench goes on - however you could quickly run out of substitutes for too many handling errors).

You can still take penalty shots at goal for a penalty offense (in which the offending player is doused in gasoline and lit on fire) - however if you miss the kick, the referee who is situated behind the kicker and carries a pistol, quickly eliminates the kicker. What this achieves is that it enhances the risk going for the penalty kick, instead rewarding going for a try through a territorial kick (unless your team has poor handling, in which case it's probably worth going for the kick).

Food for thought?

A very rewarding idea, however for this to work you would have to have 4 players on the field and 18 on the bench, the snipers would have to be situated in a way so that no referees could be struck by stray rounds. The other option you have is referees have tasers for minor indiscretions or backchat. Removes the need for sinbin.

I think tasers would be really something the public can get behind. Snipers - just messy. Unless they're low caliber rounds?

I think tasers would be really something the public can get behind. Snipers - just messy. Unless they're low caliber rounds?

No low cal rounds, I'm talking .50BMG or .308Winchester. We want to send a message that forward passes will not go unpunished.

ALSO: I think if and when there is a scrum - it should be replaced with a live grenade. This way it is in the best interests of the front rowers not to collaps, but rather for the Halfback (who will have the pin) - to defuse it and replace it with a ball. That being said - two scrums (which is an outrage) - means the same grenade has to be used again. Collectively every scrum has to last a shorter time than four seconds - or teams lose their forward pack and halfback.

ALSO: I think if and when there is a scrum - it should be replaced with a live grenade. This way it is in the best interests of the front rowers not to collaps, but rather for the Halfback (who will have the pin) - to defuse it and replace it with a ball. That being said - two scrums (which is an outrage) - means the same grenade has to be used again. Collectively every scrum has to last a shorter time than four seconds - or teams lose their forward pack and halfback.

The risk of losing your entire foward pack would ensure that all teams had the best handling skills around.

I can only assume the starting team would be three props and a first five?

Get away with things or adapt better than anyone else to the referees interpretation? Remember you are watching from a bias view so what may look illegal to you may look legal from a unbias referee 5 meters away from play. It is basically simple. If a referee is strict at the breakdown then we will see lots of tries being scored as defensives won't have enough time to get organized. If a referee is not strict and let them do more then ball will be slowed up and defenses would organize and we won't see a lot of tries. Like the South Africa Australia game in the World Cup low scoring game.

Food for thought?

Finally! Someone with progressive ideas.

Latest posts