• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby on tv in aus

E

esoj

ok guys need your help here. On friday I will be flying to australia to live and need to know what I can see on tv. the super 14 is starting soon so starting there would be good. I need to know what games I will ableto get on free to air and/or what else on pay tv.

in the long term I would need the same. what is on free to air and what is shown on pay tv. I would be very interested in what non-wallaby tests get aired especially all blacks games. I know sometimes a channel with the rights to a sport sometimes shows games at werid times in aus so any info on this and other stuff to look out for would be very handy. I also know some sports coverage differs depending on which state/region you are in and so for the record I will be living in sydney.

your help would be much appreciated thanks alot guys.

Get Foxtel as soon as you've settled, pubs will play the games if theirs no footy... well thats how it is in Melbourne

Unfortunately, rugby gets very limited coverage on Australian free-to-air television. Coverage on FTA of the Super 14 is rare if it ever is on. Foxtel have the rights to the comp and only occaisonally lets Channel 7 broadcast matches.

To my knowledge, the Tri-Nations and Autumn Tests will be shown on the Seven Network LIVE!! All other 3N matches are shown on Fox - all matches are live including those involving Aus.

ABC shows NSW club rugby, so htis season we'll see that in the Tooheys New Shute Shield which will run for 17 weeks until the ARC. I'd say the ABC will broadcast these games as well.

Come WC time in September, Channel Ten will broadcast all matches involving Australia and all Finals exclusively LIVE, with a full replay the next day for those not willing to be awake at such hours.

Mate, if you want to see Kiwi teams, you've gotta get Fox and fast!

Also, where are you moving to?

Yep order Foxtel ASAP , you'll get every Super14 game live plus every international Test live (unless there are multiple games played at the same time, in which case they'll show the delayed telecast).

You cant go wrong with Fox but it's expensive.

Foxtel.

But, if possible, see if you can pick up some commentry off the net at the same time. The Aussie commentators on Foxtel are too busy wanking over the Wallabies getting pummeled in the scrums to actually do a reasonably unbiased account of the game.

Man am I glad we have Hugh bladen.

So how many sport channels does Foxtel have?, Supersport has 8 and one of them is a Live update channel but for some reason they never use all of the channels, I mean if there are 2 currie cup games on at the same time they'll just show the 1 game, and no delayed broadcast or anything.

Bloody ****** me off to tell you the truth. I bet we won't even see any 6 nations games during the Super 14.

Foxtel.

But, if possible, see if you can pick up some commentry off the net at the same time. The Aussie commentators on Foxtel are too busy wanking over the Wallabies getting pummeled in the scrums to actually do a reasonably unbiased account of the game.
[/b]
Haha is that Kearnsy and all them?

They are good for entertainment value I guess. Whenever a player touches the ball they go nuts about it. :blink:

ah ok guys pretty much what I thought. I will be getting adsl 2+ so getting commentary off the net should be no problem.

We all get the same commentary for the Super14 so there's no need to listen to it on the net.

Games played in SA have Saffa commentators, games played in OZ have Aussie commentators and games played NZ have Kiwi commentators... it's the same for all countries.

If you really feel home sick, you can always just turn the treble on your telly up full to get that whiney nasal Kiwi accent sound.

Anyone who doesn't enjoy the exciting commentary of Kearnsey and Marto may as well end their dull lives now, those guys are comedy gold. :cheers:

esoj, where in OZ are you living?

BIG ESOJ COMING TO THE LAND OF OZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT STUFF - WHERE EXACTLY???

ONE ANSWER MATE - FOXTEL - as stated above from the wise men in this thread

If u cant afford it...........pubs.....they show all games over n over, and again this is the Foxtel telecast

Normal Schedule starts on Friday @ 5:30pm with the 1st NZ game off the ranks
All games are live, and go right thru to early Sunday morning if the Saffa matches are on

I think mondays or Tuesdays all day they show the whole round in replays with all games back to back

Inside Rugby on Tuesdays or Wednesdays for the weekly wrap-up and next weeks matches, ins n outs, and picks

There is nothing on Free-to-Air, unless its a Wallabies match in Australia...
or u feel the need to watch Concord on ABC take on the Easts Beasts in front of a sell-out crowd of 4 at Woolarah Colliseum.

well I am in aus. got in on the 19th. living in sdyney on scotland island out manly kinda way. and yeah getting foxtel should be no problem as my dad will be paying for it. hopefully have proper internet soon too. using the library for now.

well I am in aus. got in on the 19th. living in sdyney on scotland island out manly kinda way. and yeah getting foxtel should be no problem as my dad will be paying for it. hopefully have proper internet soon too. using the library for now.
[/b]

The Esoj Ozzie Residence ----------------> http://www.scotlandislandlodge.com.au :p

Welcome mate............there was nasty bushfires up that way this week...........some good fishing in pittwater too..........get amongst

yeah mate could see the smoke from the fire for like a good 3-4days solid. haven't fished in ages but might take it up again if I get time. anyway haven't got foxtel yet been busying helping parents buy things like fridges freezes etc.

I did however get a special request of mine in and got a nice 46" samsung lcd tv thing to watch the sport on. I can also plug my wii and computer into it all at once if I choose too and just flick between them with the remote. I now have the internet on so should be around more often. hopefully might have foxtel in time for super 14 kick off but may not but should have it in time for round 2.

Latest posts